.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Good morning!

I’m sitting at my desk with Payton resting his head on my lap and I like that. He knows what I know, we’re all we have. Of course there are a couple of pussy cats here as well, but as far as creatures that weigh over 10 pounds are concerned, we’re it.

I told you that I “lost” a dude last week…well, I thought that I should mention a bit of the reasoning behind it. I was put in a position where I had to explain myself and I hate that. I am far too old to be explaining to anyone why I did this or why I did that. Don’t you hate that?

My father stopped expecting explanations in the 70’s and I am not married to anyone. I’m a full grown American woman and I have certain rights. One of them is the right to hang out with my friends without having to beg someone to forgive me for doing it. You either trust me or you don’t.

That was why I was holed up at the Marriott for the weekend, I didn’t want to have a confrontation where I would have to explain why I was with a friend and why I stayed out late. I knew that if I was at home, I would hear the phone or doorbell ring all day. It was such a stressful situation that it was literally making me sick. That’s just stupid and therefore, I stayed at the Marriott for 3 days…just relaxing and taking care of myself. Of course that was twisted so badly that I must have spent the weekend with someone else.

If I had done that, I would have said so…I’m not at all cryptic…I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I wouldn’t have the slightest problem telling one guy that I was with another guy and anyone who knows me even a tiny bit would know that. So, obviously, that guy didn’t know me and if he didn’t know me, how could he possibly say that he loved me and how could I believe it?

So, basically, that’s it in a nutshell. And…that’s why I said that I would be dating again. Of course, I have to find the guys to date…but that shouldn’t be too tough. You know what I always say, if I can’t find one that I really like, I’ll just lower my standards a bit until a good one comes along. (That was a joke by the way.)

OK…I think that I mentioned that I bought a 3 month membership to Classmates.com…if not, I’m doing it now. I signed up and within a few days, I heard from the guy who gave me my first hickey. Isn’t that special?

I was about 16 at the time and I hadn’t yet learned the benefits of a nice, large man. This guy was huge…and that scared me. He was so tall that I could see him walking down the hall amongst the other kids, he was the one who was about a foot and a half taller than anyone else. I’m not sure why it didn’t bother me when I was getting the hickey…but it did bother me afterwards.

Of course my mother saw that sucker (no pun intended) when I was frying an egg. We had one oven above the stove and one below it. The one above had a mirrored door and my mother saw it in the mirror. She pointed at the mirror and said, “What’s that?”

I answered her, “It’s a hickey.” She freaked out and said, “Married people don’t even do that!!!” Well, maybe they do and maybe they don’t…but apparently teenagers do.

He and I have been emailing each other ever since then. This morning I read one of his emails and for some reason, I decided to tell him about the blog. I think I had mentioned it before, but today I sent him the link. So, I imagine he’ll be popping in here sometime soon.

And what will he see when he gets here? Why, he’ll see me telling the world that he sucked my neck until it bled. But that’s OK, no one knows who he is so it’ll be our little secret.

I’ve heard from a few other people that I went to high school with and it’s been fun catching up with them and their lives. I’ve been thinking about subscribing to Classmates for a while, I’m glad that I finally did it.

Well, I have to call my father now so I’ll end this here, but I’ll be back after I speak to Daddy-O…don’t go far!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Remember the best way to get over a man is to get under a new one!!!!!!!! Sometimes Men suck!!!!

June 15, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yessireebob! My sentiments excatly!

June 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home