.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Uh Oh...

"Meg, my name is Rick *** and when I google myself this divorcing rick blog is the first thing that comes up... looks like your husband was Rick Kelso? Would you mind changing the spelling on your March 1st, 2005 blog to Kelso from **** so all my friends quit thinking I'm divorced?"

This man asked so very politely that I immediately went to the March 1rst entry and looked for Rick ***. I couldn't find it...after spending a half an hour looking for it. I've search the Blog Search above this blog and the one inside the program and I didn't get any answers for Rick Kelso, or *** for that matter. I hate that this guy's name is being confused with Rick but to straighten things out...RICK **** IS NOT A CHEATING HUSBAND!

I don't know the poor guy but he was much more pleasant about this situation than most people would have been so I am slightly distressed about this. I imagine his wife is more than slightly distressed. Anyway, if Mr. *** or any of you can find the man's name on the blog, please let me know so that I can fix this for him and his wife.

I think that when you search for something on a search engine, they don't actually give you the precise POST that your information is on...they send you to the entire month and I haven't been up long enough this weekend to read that entire month...heck, I couldn't even come here to talk to you guys.

I don't know if it's nerves or what but this entire weekend I've felt like crap and I've been lying down trying to sleep through the icky feeling. I took my xanax and it didn't do a damn thing to help me sleep. Now it's after midnight and I just woke up from a 3 hour nap that took me 2 hours to begin. I layed there trying everything that I knew to do to fall asleep and I couldn't do it. Besides being wide awake, my heart is not acting like a nice heart should act which is what makes me think that it's nerves.

Did you ever have a relationship with someone who got angry at you for the dumbest things in the world and then insisted that the two of you bicker until both parties have become bored of the situation? I hate to argue...with a passion. Someone got angry at me for going out last week and they're still mad at me. I went out with my son and then again with a friend of mine and I had no way of knowing that the angry person knew how late I was out. Well, he became so very angry (and I didn't find out about it until Saturday morning) so I've been avoiding him all weekend because I don't want to argue and I honestly think that my heart can't tolerate the bullshit.

I'm going to be 49 years old on June 29 and I'm a single woman. My father stopped telling me what to do in the 70's and ever since the divorce, I haven't had a husband to answer to so I really don't understand why anyone would get angry if I went out and stayed out late. Even when I was a teenager at home, my girlfriends and I would go to Denny's and chat for hours into the morning. No one got mad at me then. I seem to be losing my freedom as I get older and less encumbered by a husband.

I think that all of that is making me sicker than I am. I shouldn't have to hide out to avoid an argument over something that I have every right to do as a full grown American woman. But, I am still hiding out and that's just fricking stupid.

I have this philosphy that says, "If I do certain things that you don't like, you have every right in the world to walk away. But...if you want to be with me...you must allow me to live my life as I see fit. You have the right to leave and I have the right to take advantage of my age and act like a free American."

I also use that philosphy for guys who do things that I don't like. For example, when Rick would stare at women's asses while I was right there, I told him the same thing with a slight difference..."I don't want to be with a man who would disrespect me so much as to stare at other women when I'm right next to you. You can leave and stare at all the asses you'd like to stare at...but, if you want to be with me, that is unacceptable."

Am I being unreasonable? I think not. But...it's the way I feel and as I said, anyone who thinks that I AM being unreasonable is well within THEIR own rights to walk away.

I need to go back and lie down for a while...see ya!

Meg

I FOUND RICK ****!!!! That is now spelled correctly and the man who's name has no business being on this blog should soon be able to convince people that he isn't the lying bastard that I MEANT to mention.

Cool. My apologies to the man who's name I can't mention or he'll be back in the same situation.

13 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

Ummm, Meg, now the guy is gonna show up in June...

You should delete his last name completely.

It appears 7 times in your post and one more time in your Recent Posts list.

You just shot up his pagerank in your Blog...

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn, I'm a moron. Thanks.

Meg

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

In case the innocent Rick should see this...I'm sorry for any problems that this may have caused you.

I cannot BELIEVE that I put his last name up there to tell you guys that I was trying to delete the name. I guess that's what happens when you need sleep.

Meg

June 04, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Well Meg I would have put it more delicately. LOL.

I told you sleep deprivation would take its toll. But nnoooooo, Meg wouldn't believe me. LOL.

June 04, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Meg, I hate to be a nag, but his name is back in there.

To anon gf, I'm quite sure I didn't confuse Meg.

I know what Meg was trying to do, I was just pointing out something she overlooked. Just as the other Rick was. No offense was meant, and I doubt it was taken.

I always say to anyone out there, if you think I offended you, go to my profile and email me.

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Jaded said...

Ok so the dude asked politely, but why was he googling himself in the first place? And if his friends are googling him, they should know he's not divorced...they're friends! He can't possibly be the only man on earth with that name.

Sheesh.

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Lara said...

you know if I google my name I am clearly an actress, a writer, an attorney, an instructional designer, and finally but not least a gynecologist.. gosh LOL

June 05, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

This came from a fried but I couldn't post it in it's regular box because I can't have the poor man's name on the blog.

That's ridiculous. First of all, anyone who's interested in Rick ***'s life would read beyond one mispelled post. Second - JQ stop confusing Meg - she mentioned his name to clear up a misconception, so again - if his page ranking shot up it's because she's trying to clear his name - the page ranking was already there so what's the difference - the real Rick Kelso's pic is posted on here for crying out loud and anyone who can't distinguish between **** and Kelso after reading a few posts is an idiot

Sorry ahead of time for being a little harsh to whoever this may offend.

OK...Meg again...I didn't take it as anything more than informing me of something that I HAD to know. I would think that just someone seeing his name in the SEARCH itself would be a bitch...I doubt many people would look too hard to figure it out.

OK then girlfriend, we gotta speak. I'm going to work today and tomorrow nights (so that I can deprive myself of more sleep) and then I'll be off for the rest of the week.

June 05, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK then...I had to read the blog word for word until I found the name...I hope it's the last mention of the guy on this blog.

I've seen it before on search engines but I actually thought it was just because the name was spelled so closely. Obviously I don't understand computers as well as I could.

OK...from now on, if anyone ever sees Rick Kelso's name mispelled on my blog, please let me know. I don't want to hear from Nick Kelso next month.

:):):)N

June 05, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

you know if I google my name I am clearly an actress, a writer, an attorney, an instructional designer, and finally but not least a gynecologist.. gosh LOL

ME TOO!!!

why was he googling himself in the first place?

I wondered that myself.

June 05, 2007  
Blogger ReallyEvilCanine said...

why was he googling himself in the first place?

Curious about who may have written about him or something he did. Preparing to find a new job and knows that an employer will do the same. There are all sorts of reasons to google yourself.

There's a way to use Unicode characters so that you can write innocent Rick's name without The Goog recognising it as such. If you mail me the name I'll mail you back the text to cut and paste. I'll also take a look and see if I can't figure out the connection to this blog, a sport of mine ever since discovering some of the freaky search terms that led people to my own blog.

June 05, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Doesn't everyone? You should!

June 05, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

JQ, yeah.

Evil dude, I have to go off to work so tomorrow I'll send you that email...thanks!

Meg

June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home