.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Allrighty then...

...My son and I just returned from running a few errands and since I have to work in the morning, I'm going to go to bed now. But, I wanted to say hi before I did. My son has totaled two cars this year...one of them on Valentine's Day. Some nit wit chick ran a red light and turned right in front of him and he smacked her good. Here's THAT car:




So, he bought himself a new Stang and wrecked that one on June 15th. Today we went to get that car out of impound. Here's that sharp piece of work:



It's sitting in my carport under a car cover. Another female driver caused that wreck. I swear...if the rest of the women would give up their licenses...I'd give up mine.

Thank God he wasn't hurt in either wreck. I was at work the night of the second wreck and they called me from down in the ER to tell me that my "son had been in a wreck...but that he was OK". That reminded me of a phone call that I got back in the 80's. My kids were spending the summer in Chi-Town with their father and I got a call from him that said, "Annie's OK...but...she was hit by a car". What a dreadfully helpless feeling that was. It turned out that she had walked into a car that was driving down the street. The car ran over her pinkie toe and she ended up getting one stitch in that little appendage.

I was terribly thankful that neither one of my kids had been seriously injured during these horrible incidents. As I told my son in the ER...we can replace the cars...but we can't replace THEM.

I want to write a post about the responses that I got regarding breast implants but I don't have enough time right now because I need to wake at 4 AM. So, I'm going to bed now...but I'll be back to tell you what I've learned about men during the past few days. I think it's going to be a good one and I can't wait to write it. BUT...for now it's bedtime.

See ya...off to bed I am!

Meg

PS.

I have some extremely interesting news for you guys...I promise, it will make you go, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

As long as the hunk wasn't wrecked, we can always buy another car.

August 11, 2007  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Meg -

Perhaps your darling son should buy something safer and more tank like...I dunno...like, a minivan? Maybe a volvo? A tank?

August 11, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

My sentiments exactly. If I won the lottery, I would quickly purchase him a Hummer and then safely sit at home worrying a TAD less.

OK...now I must shower, primp, work and then come back to write that post regarding men...and YES...I got my son's opinion as well!

Meg

August 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled into your blog. Very well written, I hope you keep writing. Boy it's going to be alot of work reading through your archives.

August 12, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Jeez how did she hit him broadside, did she run a light? And that looks like she hit going pretty fast.

Did he see it coming? I saw a broadside coming and its scary seeing that door cave in on you.

Not hurt? or not hospitalized? That's damn lucky to have that much damage and not brake something, at least ribs on the broadside.

Meg, what's your wild news, stop teasin us...

August 13, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

The chick ran him off the highway and he lost control of the car.

Yeah, he saw it coming. He was hurt...but not much...thank God for air bags.

I'm not teasing you...well maybe I was the first time...but I just haven't had the time to explain it all since I first mentioned it. You'll see what I mean when I finally DO tell you.

Now I have to do the morning primping routine and get to work by 6:30.

Meggers

See you in 12...maybe 15...hours.

Meg

August 13, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

Maybe he should just stay home with me all day; I'd make sure no harm came to him!! ;)

August 13, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Ah...yes...I believe you would take good care of him. That'd be great...I could relax, you and he could have some fun and my brain wouldn't explode!

Talk about a win-win-win situation!

Meg

August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home