.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 27, 2007

I hate to think a cheater is always a cheater since, as you know, my H had an affair. I tend to think, and some research bears this out, that there are different kinds of issues that lead people to do things that are wrong. Some people know they are wrong and their sense is overridden for some reason and others have no real sense of wrong and feel completely entitled to do whatever they want. I do agree that it is not always something wrong with the marriage but I know in my case, we had drifted apart for many good reasons that everyone experiences and we were,neither of us, very skillful about handling that.

I hated to think...

...that as well. I refused to believe it until Rick's 3rd affair...that I knew about. I could forgive one...even two. I guess I let at least 3 go. By this time it's my fault...I admit that. I am absolutely positive that there are people who cheat once and then never do it again. But I wouldn't bet my life on that and that's exactly what I did. I have no idea how many affairs Rick had and to tell you the truth, I don't really care. It doesn't really matter much anymore. I still think he owes me an explanation of what went wrong...but I give up on getting that especially since it would probably begin with, "Well, if you hadn't..." and would end with, "then I wouldn't have..."

Everyone who's been married for any length of time knows that marriages go through rocky times. There are even times when you doubt your love for the other person. But, those times pass and then you think, "What was wrong with me? How did I ever feel that way about this person that I love so much?" But so many people take that feeling as an excuse to fool around and do whatever they want to do.

The only problem with keeping a marriage going after an affair is that whatever the reasons that caused it...can happen again in a lifetime. What if you guys "drift apart" again? That could happen in 15 or 20 years. Then does he feel entitled to cheat again? Do YOU? Personally, it's not a chance I would take. I do wish you all the luck in the world, though...it IS possible. But talk about winning the lottery. I gotta get some of those Mega-Millions tickets.

Well, my daughter is still sleeping. The kids stayed last night and my son took them home early this morning so that they could go to school. Annie and I went driving around looking for a BINGO game last night. The place that I know of is closed on Sunday nights. She found another place and printed out the directions. We turned on the right street and drove straight into a new apartment complex. The other one she read about was in Smyrna so we headed down to Atlanta Rd. and turned toward Smyrna. We called my son to look up the address and just in case, to give us the phone number. Well, as we were driving down the street Annie asked me to call them so I did. I got the big, loud "EEEEEEEEEEE" in my ear of a disconnected phone number. That was pleasant. Both of those places had closed down but no one told the Internet.

Then we gave up on BINGO and decided to go out to eat. We headed toward the Buckhead Diner and started to drive there when Annie decided that she wanted to have Bar-B-Que instead so we headed in the opposite direction toward Town Center Mall (we were in Atlanta by this time) and we got off the highway onto Barrett Parkway, only we went the wrong way. I couldn't find the one I was looking for but I did find Smoky Joe's but she changed her mind again and wanted to go to the Marietta Diner. So, this time we just took 41 BACK south down past the Big Chicken to the Marietta Diner but as we went that way we passed Sonny's Bar-B-Que so we just went there. The sandwich that I got was great until I found a huge piece of bone in it. That's like finding a big piece of blubber...it ruins it for me. The waitress took it off the bill...which she didn't have to do but she did anyway.

Then, what silly little trip out would be complete without going shopping one last time. So, we did. I finally found a quilt on sale so I bought that. It was amazing how much I ended up spending at that stupid Antique place. Oh, by the way, it's the Roswell Street Antique Emporium that's having the sale. They said they'd be there until late September. He said he had a bunch more stuff in the back which annoyed me because I went through everything so carefully to be sure that I didn't miss a thing. You can't miss the place, it's in the old Mason Lodge Building on the corner of Roswell and Fairground.

I can't avoid a sale to save my life. I asked him how much he wanted for these 2 TV's that he had out front and he said that I could have them. Well, I plugged the oldest one in yesterday and I got as good of a picture as any TV could have gotten without rabbit ears or cable. So, I'm going to use it to watch my old black and white video tapes of Blondie and Dick Van Dyke, amongst others.

I hope the little one works, I guess it does if that big one worked. The guy said he got them from the same guy and that "everything else he gave me worked". That's what made me think that this thing would work...I was right. But even if the little one doesn't work...it doesn't matter...the older one is the antique.

Well, I better jump in the shower before my daughter gets to it or I won't have any hot water. You guys have a good day! This is my last day with Annie, her plane leaves tonight.

Ciao!

Meg

I just did a spellcheck and although my spellchecker didn't recognize Buckhead...it did offer Fuckhead as a replacement.

5 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

Oh Miss Meg,you sure didn't deserve that hurt over and over! My H knows clearly that once was it and he's made earnest amends and strides in understanding the issues. We are not in romantic perfection now but I feel I know him and myself better, for better and worse. Believe you me, I am not a cockyeyed optimist and there's no rosecolored glasses. But I do believe it's worth a shot and since I've never been perfect in my life either, I feel I can give him that with my eyes wide open. Thanks for your thoughtful comment and thanks for your friendship!

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, no one deserves it except the people who perpetrate it on others. I would love to see someone cheat on another cheater. As a matter of fact...I think that EVERY WOMAN ON THE PLANET should be ready to screw Brad Pitt...just once...for Jen. That'd get his whore du jour. Can you imagine knowing that there wasn't one female on Earth that wouldn't screw your man? Or, the man that you stole from someone else...I don't think you can claim ownership of one you stole.

Well, my daughter is somewhere over the country in an airplane. Her flight lands in LA at 9 something which isn't too bad considering she didn't take off until 7. That was a quick 5 days!

Now I'll write something longer than this...I have the time.

:(:(:(

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

No, I'd like it the other way. I'd like for every man on the planet to screw Angelina Jolie so that Brad can feel so stupid for leaving his decent wife.

I'd give 1/2 my bank account (the 3 dollars I have left in there after paying rent) if only my stbx husband would go "home" to his new girlfriend and find her in bed with another man. Can you imagine? ooo ooo ooo, the money I'd pay for that to happen! Not so that he can return to me, but so that he can feel the exact pain.

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well girl...

...luckily one of us will probably get our way...neither one of them will be faithful for any length of time. Yeah...I'm with you on the other. This is why I love karma so much. Can you imagine KNOWING how much bad karma you put out? I'd be looking over my shoulder at every turn.

:):):)

August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also believe in karma and that's what i've been waiting for to happen so that my unfaithful ex will realize what he has done.

September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home