.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Well, the kids have…

…made a Chuck E. Cheese run. It’s time for me to take a small break so here I am. My daughter and I went antiquing today and found a few nice things. We’ll have to go back tomorrow because we had to hurry back today because of the rotten pizza at Chuck E. Cheese. One thing that I did get before we had to leave was an old electric percolator. The kind that my mother used to use. I’ve made the first pot too weak but it’ll do and I’ll just make the next pot stronger.

I also got a small candy dish and a pretty lantern. If the power goes out, I'll have light, by God. That lantern was behind glass as though it was supposed to be a really nice lantern but it wasn’t…it was just a plain ol’ pretty lantern, who knows where it was bought…Target or Macy’s…I’ll never know. I can tell it’s not expensive antique work…but that’s all I can tell. I just got it because it’s pretty. He gave me 2 TV’s that he “thought” worked. I took them because they were free and you never know…maybe I can fix them…if I can find a place that still sells television tubes.

As I was walking out I saw a beautiful lamp that I had to have so I told them to hold it for me until tomorrow so I HAVE to go back. I should mention that they’re having a 60% off sale. I think they’re moving or something…I’m not sure. Everything’s just cheap.

One of the TV’s has old 60’s knobs that are fun in themselves. I don’t know what I’d do with them, none of my TV’s take knobs. I have a cousin (by marriage) in Florida who could surely put both TV’s back into working order. The next time I go down there, I’ll have to take the TV’s. I love going shopping through old stuff…especially when I find something that I could use that’s still in good shape. That coffee-pot is perfect although the cord looks like it could electrocute me. I’ll have to find a new one…maybe at the same place that I need to go to get my cord and footie thing for my sewing machine. It’d pay for itself just in repaired comforters.

Well, tomorrow should be fun…at least going to that place will be fun again. But for now…I have to rest for a while. That girl is running me ragged…but I’m enjoying it.

See ya!

Meg

9 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time with your family! How wonderful that you can do some mother/daughter outings AND spend time with the grandkids!

August 25, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

It IS fun...she asks what we should do and I tell her we can do whatever she wants to do. She also wants to play BINGO while she's here...I don't know why. Maybe she's too cool in "So-Cal"...apparently that's what they call the part of California in which my daughter lives.

OK then...back to having fun!

Meggers

August 25, 2007  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Girl, where are you antiquing in Mayretta that is having a 60% off sale????? And you didn't tell us (LG and I) about it WHY???

August 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you get to spend this time with your family. Enjoy every moment with them - you deserve it!

August 25, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...well, I wasn't trying to keep it a secret from YOU guys...but I didn't want to start a rush on the stuff before I got to browse through it all. But it can't be too bad so I'll tell you. Damn...I don't know the name of it but it's on Roswell Street, just to the East of The Veterinary Clinic (and west of Taurus Insurance) with a bunch of old crap sitting out front. When I go back today I'll get the name of it. The receipt doesn't even have the name, it's one of those old receipts that you can buy at any store. They have a LOT of stuff left.

I'm going back today. I wish Dupree's would have a 60% off sale like that!

Meg

August 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You guys up for BINGO tonight?

Meg

August 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When & where???

August 26, 2007  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

I wish Dupree's would too! I'd buy out the store. I could spend hours there, seriously.

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn...ain't no BINGO on Sunday's. Now I have tyo write a post for ya'll.

:):):)

August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home