.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

This could be interesting…

…the better I feel, the more I remember about everything that happened in the hospital. It occurred to me that my job does have the results to the urinalysis that came back positive for THC. The doctor in the ER never did ask me what meds I take so they don’t know that I have a prescription for the Marinol.

My pharmacist told me that the Marinol would “most certainly cause a positive THC”…isn’t that lovely? I looked it up on the internet and found this amongst others:

"...McCormick, who had cancer nine times before he was ten, is accused of failing a urine test, which he has taken (and passed) several times each week since his release on bail in mid-August 1997. The federal government claims a urine sample taken some time in March revealed traces of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
"That’s not surprising," said Peter McWilliams, McCormick’s publisher, "Todd took legally prescribed Marinol® for the first half of March. Marinol® is a powerful synthetic form of TCH. For someone to continue to give positive THC results less than two weeks after stopping Marinol® is not uncommon."..."


Whatever. I think I’m probably gonna stop taking the Marinol after this bottle is done anyway because I’ve gained over 20 pounds since I started taking it. It’s done it’s job. If I have to take it again I will, but I think it’s a good time to try to stop taking it anyway. I hate having to worry about stupid shit like the positive urine in the emergency room. Even with the prescription for Marinol, it’s a bitch to have to deal with.

It’s a shame because that stuff works so well. Not only does it help my appetite, the Marinol just happens to help nausea. I was taking phenergan for nausea but since I’ve been taking the Marinol I haven’t had to take as much phenergan. The phenergan makes me tired and I don’t like that. The Marinol doesn’t make me feel tired or high…just hungry. What an odd country we live in. A perfectly good drug is frowned upon simply because it causes urine to test positive for THC which is associated so closely with “street drugs”.

Oh well, now I need to bitch about something else…my bed. I still haven’t gotten the stupid thing. They said to call at the end of last week and I would get a tracking number. Then, they said to wait until this Wednesday and they would give me a tracking number. I’ll try calling them after I post this. I want my new bed!!! If I have to be sick, I want to rest on my new bed…not my old couch. I’m glad that I redecorated my bedroom before I got sick…it’s as pleasant as it could be except for one thing…MY NEW BED!!!! Damn it.

My dog missed me while I was gone…he’s afraid I’ll leave again. He follows me everywhere I go and sits at my feet constantly. When I shut the bathroom door on him, he sits outside and waits for me in the hall. No other male has ever been so faithful. When Rick and I were in Wales seeing Eddie Izzard, I went to the bathroom and when I came out, Rick was nowhere to be found. I was afraid that I would lose him and had asked him to wait for me but he didn’t. He took off to chat up some cousin of my Welsh friend. I was quite irritated. Payton would never leave me in a Welsh ladies room. And on top of that, Payton has hair.

I’m gonna call the bed people again to see if they can give me a tracking number…again.

See ya,

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

Hi Meg :) I was one who tried calling you when whomever first posted the hospital information. Sorry!! But I'm glad to read that you're back home :)

August 01, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No worries...the only calls that I got that annoyed the heck out of me were from family.

:):):)

August 01, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

Glad you're home and doing well!

August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home