.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It takes a LOT of thought…

…and time to keep up a blog day after day. If you enjoy writing, it’s the perfect outlet because you get to hear people respond to what you say, you begin a discourse and ultimately everybody learns something.

The toughest part of blogging has got to be coming up with a new idea every single day. Sometimes I have an idea, sometimes I just sit at the computer and start typing. I have no clue what’s going to come out. I just hope that what I’m writing isn’t too boring. Take this morning for example…nothing has happened since the last time that I wrote you guys so what am I supposed to say now? The most exciting thing that’s happened to me since I last wrote is that I woke up this morning and the icky tasting orange toothpaste that my son picked out was gone (or close enough to gone) so I went to my bathroom, opened my cabinet and pulled out a tube of cinnamon flavored toothpaste that I had been waiting to use. It’s amazing how long a tube of toothpaste lasts if you WANT it to go away. Try to make it last and it’s gone immediately…but, it’s taken me well over a month to help the kid use that funky orange toothpaste.

There have been days that, for one reason or another…I just didn’t have a clue what to write…or I just felt too badly to write that day. I have gone back in the blog and re-run some of my favorite posts, I’ve posted links to other blogs in with a paragraph explaining why I did that and I’ve even gone without so much as looking at my computer for an entire day.

But…no matter how tough it’s been to deliver a post on a daily basis, I have never, ever, not once so much as considered plagiarism. I’ve used other people’s work but I always use quotations, italics or different colors…some form of notice that this is not my original work. This font is the only font that is all me, any other font and it’s someone else’s material. It would never occur to me to take another writer’s work and take credit for it anymore than I would steal a person’s paycheck. Plagiarism is most definitely a crime of sorts, certainly a civil transgression, and there have been people who have paid dearly for claiming work as their own when they did nothing but change a few words to suit their purposes.

Also, in nearly 3 years of blogging, I’ve never seen another person plagiarize anyone’s work although I did hear once that someone had stolen MY work…much to my chagrin. But, yesterday I learned that there most assuredly is a plagiarizing blogger that blogs under the name of Little Wing.

I don’t want to plagiarize ANYONE else’s work, so I will just post the link to the proof right here:

http://larass.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-bizarre.html

Read the story if you like and then make up your own mind…I am a FIRM believer in people being free to think for themselves…it makes us all so interesting. But, after I wrote the post about cyber-tease and women who don't allow men a free reign with their own minds, this Little Ping thought that I was speaking of her. So, ever since then, she’s been sending the nastiest, most vulgar emails that you could imagine.

Shortly after I began this blog, it occurred to me that I was calling people out for things and yet I wasn’t perfect either. Assuming that at some point someone might throw something from past out into the open, I decided to beat them to the punch. Every damn one of us has done things of which we are not proud. I trusted that my readers would understand that…think about their own transgressions, and allow me mine. All of my mistakes hurt me…I’m no OJ Simpson. I wrote an entire post admitting to the worst things that I had ever done in my life.

I did that when I was still in a lot of pain from the divorce and I already felt as though I had nothing to lose…my life was over anyway…it was all gone. I didn't have so much as a thing to worry about. Also, honesty is an extremely freeing experience and has saved me a LOT of worry.

Having nothing to hide is an absolutely wonderful feeling. Apparently Little Wing doesn't know that...she's threatening me with the things that SHE thinks are frightful. She's actually indicting herself when she attacks me. She's been emailing me about all of the things that I admitted to and some things that are total fabrications…and she’s threatening to use them all against me.

Here is the most recent threat:

How dare you talk to me like that. I'm not doing a wrong thing, but you are a drug USER. Keep lying to yourself and Keep hating men. You ARE a very bitter idiot Meg and no one can argue that you are a moron. NO WONDER YOUR HUSBAND LEFT YOU!!! No FUCKING wonder!!
I have people here that BACK me because they LOVE me NOT cause they FEAR me. Your friends are a bunch of dopes and if they're not dopes they’re BITTER, FAT or BOTH!! Im not scared of you like they are. You will never be competition. And dont think that we have not found the *very* dirty stuff about you on the Internet by your son with your FAT picture. Dont mess with us. BITCH. Just turn around and Go back to AA and everything will be cool beans. Got THAT? Good!


I never spoke to her, I know not what she's talking about. This is a perfect example of a person bickering all by herself. The main reason that I owned up to all of my sins was to take that power away from those who might attempt to use it against me. I now do the same thing with Little Wing. It was just serendipity that being totally honest has been so damned FREEING!!! It’s a wonderful feeling and one that everyone should have.

I remember a time when I was drinking too much and I was beginning to think that I had a problem. I lied to everyone else about my drinking, how much and when and where, whatever I had to lie about. Then one day…for no reason in particular, I shared the truth with a friend.

I had been denying the truth for so long out of fear that everyone would think ill of me. I didn’t want to lose my friends or my family. But, the most amazing thing happened to me…when I told the truth to my friend that day…she stayed my friend. So I told more truths to more people and suddenly I found myself much lighter. I had stopped worrying about how I need to cover this lie or drink that 12 pack…it absolutely made me feel lighter.

Eventually telling the truth just became a habit and I still have all my friends and family. The people that I care about like me, trust me and would vouch for me any day of the week. It’s a great way to live. It doesn’t change the mistakes that I’ve made…but it’s no sin to make a mistake. It’s a sin when you don’t learn from them.

Little Wing, I promise, you have nothing to fear. EVERY SINGLE ONE of your friends would still be your friends if you were 100% honest with them. I promise. Also, I’ll tell you what I used to say to my kids, since I’m such an “old hag” I can do that. I’ll give you this one chance and assume that you didn’t know that plagiarizing other people’s writing was wrong. But…here is the definition (notice how I cite the source):

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
Main Entry: pla·gia·rizePronunciation: 'plA-j&-"rIzFunction: verbInflected Forms: -rized; -riz·ingEtymology: from plagiary plagiarist, from Latin plagiarius, literally, kidnapper, from plagium netting of game, kidnapping, from plaga nettransitive verb : to copy and pass off (the expression of ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's work) without crediting the source intransitive verb : to present as new and original an idea or work derived from an existing source —pla·gia·rism /-"ri-z&m/ noun —pla·gia·rist /-rist/ noun


So, now you are responsible for that information because I know that you know it. If you do it again, you will be severly reprimanded.

Have a lovely day!

Meg

Here are some more emails from the person who "can't stand all of this drama!":

You idiot, you don't make sense. Weren't you once arrested for DUI?Didn't you attend alcoholics anonymous? Your children must all bemanipulators, you drunk bitch! Put your panties back on and if youcan't do that, put them over your head. Make sure the dirty parttouches your nose so you can take a good wiff at your loser self. I amthe winner, not you. You bitter losing bitch! I AM THE WINNER. See mycomments? I have MORE comments than you will ever have. I am betterlooking than you or your ugly fat friends. Only bitter ugly girls whogot left behind comment on your blog. You sagging old bitter hag.

A webcam of an old drug addict lady on meth! Gross bitch! What is thisfuckin world coming to?

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH!!!Drug addict!!! AA bitch!Drug
addict!!!Drug addict!!!


This girl needs some serious help.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger that littlewing jadey rose. She should be ashamed of herself stealing information from the internet like that

September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jadey rose? is that what she's calling herself now?

ROTFL!

September 19, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Whoa! That was really really disturbing. Really.

(I just can't possibly say really enough there.)

:)

September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, that doesn't sound like her at all. Maybe someone is tricking you?

September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now there's a side you don't see too often, and here I was thinking she was a sweet natured soul who wouldn't harm a fly?
Such language from one so LITTLE.

September 19, 2007  
Blogger akakarma said...

Keeping up a blog is hard work! Keeping out of the middle of a blog war is hard work! It's sad...
I know all parties feel wronged and are being triggered- this group has been through a lot of trauma. Keep in mind- we are all flawed humans who make mistakes. I can deal with all of that and love all of you- the only ones on my list are the OW's! Meg, you are prolific and generally entertaining as well as stimulating- thanks for your blog.

September 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Honestly, that doesn't sound like her at all. Maybe someone is tricking you?



LOLOLOL, honey, THAT'S MY ENTIRE POINT!

That's the real her...I knew her when she liked me too.

September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blogosphere never ceases to amaze me. This is just bizarre! Also very sad.

September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is truly sad is someone believing in creating an inauthentic life will somehow make her popular, even if only in blogland.

September 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Exactly...and she'll probably never understand that I was serious in my advice to her. I know the benefit of honesty...it would help some people more than they'll ever know. They just need to learn to like the real them...flaws and all.

Meg

September 19, 2007  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

How strange! I've found that most sites on the internet at some point deteriorate to some bizarre 8th-grade level on somebody's part, with people choosing up sides like it's a damned volleyball game. I think it's the same three people who spend their entire lives surfing the net and looking for some place and some way to try to create a major bickerment. I'm not sure exactly what kind of power trip they get from it, but that's what it seems like to me.

FYI, Meggers, I have a whole blog now that's openly based on plagiarism -- it's called "In Other People's Words", based solely on the fact that I found something that someone else said (and I don't always know who, only that it wasn't me) that I couldn't or didn't feel moved to try to say better and that I thought was worth sharing. Some of it's ranty, and some of it's mild humor, and some of it's both. It's usually something that I received in an email pass-it-on. As I'm sure YOU know, but for the benefit of your "friend" here, the difference between what I'm doing and what she's doing is that I'm not taking credit for having written any of this stuff.

Anne

September 20, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi Anne!

Yeah...it's amazing what some people will do with their time, day after day. Oh well...I'm dealing with a new problem now...SOUND!

I like the idea of that new blog, that's really a cute idea. I started one along those lines once but I had enough trouble finding enough time for this one.

Nice to hear from you!

Meg

September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just read this, is this the same jadey rose supposedly from chico?

April 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home