.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I posted a quote...

...once a long time ago. It want something like this:

"Never make someone your PRIORITY while you are their OPTION"

I read it and I liked it, although as this women said:

"...makes my head spin perhaps I'm just not that deep but what does it mean? I think I like it every time I see it but then I can't quite wrap my brain around it..."

Good. I'm glad that I'm not the only person who felt like that. The first time that I read it I knew that I liked it. After a while, I noticed that quite a few people were ending up here after searching for that phrase. So, I thought about it again.

Why did I like it? I don't know. I can't...for the life of me...figure out why that phrase is so appealing. Like the lady whom I quoted, I can't quite wrap my head around it. I wondered what it was that I liked about it in the first place. I don't know. But I do know that I like it.

There's something else that I wondered about. Usually when I have a feeling, I don't apologize for it because if I feel it, I can't be wrong because it's just a feeling. Feelings are what they are...they're not good or bad, right or wrong or smart or stupid. But, something about this feeling made me a bit uncomfortable so I thought that I would come here and mention it to you guys.

This morning I read that the city of New York was lighting up the Empire State Building green to mark the kickoff of Eid-al-Fitr, a three-day celebration for Muslims around the world. I don't know why...but when I read that I became rather irate. I felt as though this act was a kick in the head to those who died on 9/11.

Once again, these are just feelings that I'm talking about. I didn't ask for them nor did I ever try to justify them. I just wondered, does anyone else feel the same way? And if so, do you understand why that feeling is there? I don't quite get it.

We're Americans and we allow for freedom of religion so why do I feel that way? I usually find that I'm not alone in my feelings so I'm sure that someone out there understands what I'm talking about.

Is there anyone else out there who heard about what they were doing in New York and felt a twinge of something inexplicably unjust? If so, let me know about it.

When I saw the story this morning, I read it to my sister and she immediately felt the same sense of injustice that I felt. She asked, rhetorically, "Are they going to shine 2 green lights where the World Trade Center used to stand?"

So, there are at least 2 of us who felt that instant sensation that there was something innately unfair in the lighting of an American landmark so close to where the Twin Towers once stood for such a reason. Now I'm wondering if there are more people out there who feel the same way.

OK then...I'm going to try to spend a nice, quiet Saturday night here with my sister. At some point, I will probably make a video just for kicks and giggles.

Ciao,

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

I SOOOO get that quote!!

Don't make someone the center of your world if they aren't making you the center of theirs!

October 13, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oddly enough, you're right and I knew that back when I originally posted the quote.

Oh yeah, now I remember!

October 13, 2007  
Blogger akakarma said...

Don't invest more than your partner? My father would say a counterpart is why buy the cow if the milk is free?
Don't marry someone who is a poopschnagel!! Check your references... I can't stop myself.... arghhh...

October 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home