.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 17, 2007

I seem to be...

...making progress with the cheek dude. Last night we had a nice dinner and some really enjoyable conversation. As he left, I got a lip kiss! No tongue involvement...but lips are a definite step up from a cheek.

After our first date when he offered me his cheek to kiss, I thought he wasn't interested. But, then he called and asked me out again and he accepted a dinner at my place last night. So, he must be interested to some extent. I give up trying to figure him out, I'll just roll with the punches and see what happens.

He even made his OWN Chex-mix and brought it to me in a Christmas container with a bow...I thought that was too sweet. He also brought a bottle of wine that helped with the conversation. It certainly gave me the giggles.

So, I'm pleased with the way things went for me last night.

I got a comment from someone who didn't want it to be posted so I won't post it but she asked me how to get a guy to understand that she isn't ready for sex yet. The best advice I can offer is this line, "I would but making love means a serious commitment to me, are you ready to commit to me right now?" Usually they zip those pants and run when you ask for a commitment. That works with most of them. The guys who would lie and say, "Sure! I'm ready, let's get it on!", are easy to get rid of. It's even kind of fun...you just say, "Well, I'm not ready to commit to you."

If a guy really is interested in you, he will wait until you're ready. If YOU'RE interested in him, DO NOT...I repeat, DO NOT have sex with any guy within the first couple of months of dating. And absolutely don't do it within the first 5 dates, you won't hear from him again unless he's horny and/or drunk.

My landlord is coming over today to check out the plumbing because the plumber gave him a HUGE estimate and he wants to see what the guy's talking about. The landlord hasn't been here in years so I have to clean up a bit more and hide 3 animals.

I'll be back in a while!

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

LOL@ "hide 3 animals" :)

Up here you can't be evicted because you have a cat or a dog. Even if you GOT the cat or dog AFTER you moved in and the landlord said "no pets".

That's great to hear about Cheek Kiss Guy! I also agree with your advice about how to keep the guy out of your pants. Something I've said that's worked has been kinda two fold:

The guy's all over you and you make sure you get up, offer a coffee or some kind of distraction but just get out of the bear hug and lip locking. Then offer something like "I don't want to do it all right now". If he's decent he'll take the hint. Because yes, if you get all sexed up at the gate, he won't respect you. Not most guys anyway :)

December 17, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I don't know if you can or can't be evicted...but I'm not in the mood to address the issue.

You know what's funny about men? I asked a poll question once about whether or not a guy would still respect and still date a chick who screwed him (forget that he screwed her back)right away and the vast majority of them said, "Oh, sure I would!"

Lying sacks-O-shit.

:)

December 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are always exceptions to the wait for sex rule though. I had sex with my then boyfriend after about three weeks.
We have been together now over 16 years.

December 17, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You're absolutely right. The only problem is the good ones don't wear capes.

Damn it.

Meg

December 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home