.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm home...

...and my knee hurts. I guess it's an old lady thing so I won't bother whining too much about it, they could BOTH hurt. At least now I could hop if I had to.

You may remember that my daughter works in Beverly Hills. She pretty much runs the Golden Globes dinner and after parties that they have at her job. Yesterday she told me that they may cancel them this year because of that ridiculous writer's strike.

There was a time when unions were necessary, that was back in the days when sweat shops and child labor existed. Today the need for unions has been replaced by statutes, laws and political correctness. Unions are totally self-serving now and I think that this stupid strike is major proof of that.

Show me one network writer who lives in a plywood shack and eats out of trash cans and I'll take back every word I just wrote but until then, every union official can blow me.

This is the first time that I'm sort of glad that Johnny Carson retired. I would miss him if he wouldn't cross the picket line but the yahoos out there today who do nothing but read off of big giant cue cards aren't worth watching so I don't miss a thing. I only watch reruns of Seinfeld and Dick Van Dyke...OK, maybe The Family Guy too. I haven't missed the writers one bit.

I'd like to know something, who the hell is writing the news? And the stupid soap operas? How is Bill O'Reilly staying on the air? One other thing, where are all the stars who write their own material? How did Letterman and Leno get where they are without the least bit of creativity? What do we need the writers for anyway? Oh, and where is Ronald Reagan when we need him?

The offensive trash that passes for entertainment today is not worth watching in the first place. I guess that shows my age. My kids still pick on me for not allowing them to watch Married With Children when they were young little whippersnappers. I can't imagine what parents are trying to keep from their kids nowadays.

A guy sent this to me:

"I am more at fault in the failure of my marriage than I had realized. I think the thing that fascinates men about your blog is a woman's raw perspective on where things go wrong, without being yet another man-basher/hater/whipper. Your stuff is helping me get into my wife's head more than before, which is a scary place for me to be ."

Ah! That’s the first time that anyone has ever explained to me exactly why it is the men read this thing. No, I’m not a man hater...I absolutely LOVE them...I wish I could have 14...two for each day and...well, you get the message.

I am almost as angry about male-bashing than the men are...maybe more so, I don’t know. But I have been annoyed by the tactics of the women’s movement for years now. It seems as though they watched the civil rights movement, a movement that was absolutely necessary...adopted some of their methods and then twisted them into something very ugly. I think a few different “movements” started trying to promote their own causes and that has led us to a point where the movements have become more fascist then any of the original “dictators” ever were.

Back to Hollywood, I am amazed when I hear women saying things like, “We need to have a voice in Hollywood, there are no good roles for women!” Well, when I look back, I see women like Lauren Bacall, Mae West and Greta Garbo...and countless other talented women who made their marks long before any woman ever whined that there were no roles for women.

Think of a field, any field...and then look back at what women have accomplished in those fields. Madam Curie didn’t have to go to an all male school, she studied and experimented and used her own brain power to make her mark. Any woman on the planet can do the same thing, they just have to have the will to do it with. If they don’t like the status quo, they can change it. But it’s ever so much easier to bitch and moan until someone says, “OK, here you go, take this money”.

Jesse Jackson and his ilk are just as bad. If a certain company or entity of ANY kind is in their sites, they negotiate for CASH! Or for something else that does no good for anyone but the organization that uses the strong arm tactics.

And I wanted to puke when the women were allowed into what were once all boy-schools. They COULD have just made schools of their own but they didn’t want to go through the effort. So, now, a young man who wants to study in a structured, all male environment has lost that right. The women always had the right to create their OWN institutions, but they were too lazy for that. Then, I heard about a school in New York that is all female because they did a study and learned that, “For some girls, an all-female environment is conducive to increased test scores.”

DUH! They want the right to send their daughters to an all-girl school but call it sexist if the boys want the same thing. What a bunch of losers. These women are such jack-asses, they forget that one day, they may have a son who might want to attend an all boy school and now they've made it impossible for them to do so!

I have brothers, sons, a father and many men friends who are wonderful human beings that have so much to offer to the world. I would be a reckless hypocrite should I get up here or anywhere and speak ill of men while there are so many that I love.

I saw an interview once (it was so long ago that I don’t remember exactly who was involved) and some higher up at NOW was asked how she could support the Kennedy's while they were doing such hideous things to women. (This was about the time that one Kennedy was screwing his babysitter and another was attempting to bastardize his children by getting an annulment from his wife to marry a women who screws married men.) Her answer to that question stunned me. She actually said, (and this is a paraphrase) “We don’t care about their morals or ethics, we just like where they stand on the issues.”

Can you imagine? She didn’t care about MORALS or ETHICS when choosing the people who would lead us all. I imagine these women would elect Hitler himself as long as he supported abortion.

Any woman who “hates” men or tries to usurp things that the men have created themselves is being very shortsighted. When they to attempt to bully their way into men’s institutions or any other male oriented type of thing, they are throwing up their arms and saying, “We are too weak and dim-witted to create one of our own so we want YOURS!”

When they do that, they do a disservice to us all. They strong-arm their way into an organization and then whine that the standards are too high and therefore sexist. The standards are then lowered and everybody loses.

So, I don’t hate men at all. I don’t even dislike them a little tiny bit. As with any other group of people, I take them one by one and base my opinion on the behavior of the one that I am dealing with. I married a jerk. He's a jerk...not because he’s a man, but because he is simply, a jerk. I am not about to dismiss or slight 49% of the population based upon the actions of one of them. That would be ignorant and bigoted and I am neither.

Oh, and to the women who DO hate men...keep your vitriol to yourself...you don’t speak for me because I don’t agree with ANY of your tenets.

Men are wonderful people, they care for us, they support us and they even really, really like us. Whatever affront you may have felt is a personal problem. Don’t even attempt to speak for me...I can do it myself. And if I want something, I’ll go out and work for it, just like the men did. If you are too inferior to create your own schools and golf courses, try a few push-ups. In the meantime, leave the men alone and stop acting like victims.

OK, that was my soap box speech for the day....I have to go get dressed and feed my dog.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home