.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good morning!

The plumber guys stayed late again last night and they STILL aren't done. Not only aren't they done, they broke the water heater so I get a new one. That's about as close to a Christmas present as I'll probably get this year. It's a shame they can't wrap it up, maybe I can talk them into putting a big red bow on the fucker. The old one was starting to tilt because the leak that was the main problem had softened the floor under it. The leak also messed up the floor under MY bathroom.

They had stayed away from my room so far because nothing was wrong as far as I knew. Of course, I don't go under the house so I have no clue what they saw and to be honest, I don't want to know. If it's taken them two days to do this much and they haven't finished, I don't know how long it'll take to get to my room. Can you imagine that big ass bed of mine sitting on a floor that has weak spots? They told me that my bathroom needed to be fixed (or needed fixin' as they say down south) right before they left and I went straight to bed so I laid there waiting to fall into the crawlspace that I've so desperately tried to stay away from since I moved here over 10 years ago. It was a lovely thought to sleep to.

Naturally I dreamt that the bed DID fall into the crawlspace but when I fell out of the bed, the crawlspace was the crawlspace from my childhood home and when I climbed up, my parents were there to yell at me for playing down there. But, I knew that I was an adult so I told them to leave me alone and they actually wanted to spank me so I ran out to play with my girlfriends but my high school sweetheart pulled up and drove me back to my house which was THIS house so I was back where I started only my house had a huge hole in it and the media was taking pictures of it. Don't you just love dreams?

That bed has got to weigh a thousand pounds. I can't budge it and once my sister said, "This wood is hollow isn't it?" I said, "No, try to pick it up." She did and immediately conceded that it was solid wood.

Ever since I learned about crawlspaces, I've worried that me and a tub would fall through the floor. This is as close as I've ever come and I didn't even know it. Oh well. I just won't bathe again until they fix that sucker. I'll just take showers for now.

Oh, last night I was watching The Family Guy and the plumber dudes were working in the living room so they were right in front of me in all their plumber glory. I was so irritated that the camera wouldn't work and the webcam wouldn't reach. That plumber butt was right there for all the world to see. Uh oh, it just occurred to me that I told one of the plumber guys about this blog. He's not the one who's butt I'm talking about but that's probably just because he was in the back and the plumber butt guy was in front. It was all I could do not to laugh. Luckily, The Family Guy is pretty funny so I covered up my giggles with laughter from the TV.

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee and my sister and son keep talking to me. I don't like to speak until I have had at least 2 cups of coffee. I could run and hide in my room until I wake up but then I'd have to move the computer in there and if the floor does cave, I don't want my puter going down with the bed. I just told them to shut up until I wake up.

Now it's time to make another pot of coffee so I'll be back later on.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home