.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Good morning!

I woke up this morning and looked for the coffee that I bought the other day. It doesn't seem to be in the kitchen at all. If I left it at the grocery store I am going to be one angry female. Usually there's a bit of leftover coffee from yesterday but today there isn't.

So, now I'm drinking Kool-aid instead of coffee. It's not warm, it's for children and it has no caffeine in it. I'm not going to be happy for a while. If I were a crack-head, I'd just do some of that but I'm not and even if I wanted to start, I wouldn't know where in the hell to get the stuff. So, here I am, sleepy (but I have to get up) and irritated because I paid for a can of coffee that I can't find. On top of all that, I'm surrounded by mewing cats and a dog that keeps licking my elbow which is now covered with dog slime.

Even in my foul mood, when I sat down and found the following comment, I decided to dismiss my urge to be a smart ass. Rather, I'm going to put the comment right here, in a post, and then I'll let you guys decide whether or not this person is a female trying to be a jerk or a man trying to "get back" at all of us "bitter" women by writing something that really does nothing but make him look like an ass. Even in my sleepy and rotten mood, I decided to consider that this may have been written by someone who truly has been hurt by a woman. I doubt it, it's far too vague so I doubt it was written regarding one particular woman...it's more of a diatribe against all women.

My rantings have been about one man in particular because I was devastated by one man. I've gone out of my way to be fair to men in general for close to 3 years while I have written about my experiences. But this person didn't do that. Here's the comment:

Cheating Women. Why Do They Do It?

Why do some women cheat? Can you stop cheating women? More women are choosing to cheat on their partners than ever before. This article will list the main reasons why some women cheat.
1. Revenge. Although you didn't sleep with someone else, you may as well have. You have broken her trust in some other way. Cheating women often sleep with someone else to pay you back for that dodgy investment or the lie she caught you out on. Apologize profusely and hopefully she will forgive you instead of joining the cheating women society.
2. Feeling unappreciated. Do you treat your wife or girlfriend like an unpaid nanny? Do you ever thank her for all those boring chores she does in and out of the house? What is she doing while you are playing golf? Housework? Minding the children? Seeing someone else? Cheating women often do so because they feel totally neglected at home. Show her you do appreciate her. Say thank you. Notice what has been done. Give her some help. Cheating women are looking for some appreciation and thanks.
3. The honeymoon is over. Another motivator for cheating women is that they are not getting enough sex at home. Once that sexual glow has gone and the sex becomes less frequent, cheating women look for it elsewhere. Try and put some time aside for sex. Go to bed early instead o f falling asleep in front of the TV could be all you need to do.
4. Boring sex. Cheating women often say that it is the excitement of the affair that is the big attraction. Sex at home has become boring and routine. Try and put a spark back into your sex life so that your partner need not leave home to find sexual adventure. Cheating women love the thrill of the illicit affair.
5. Low self esteem. Having someone pay attention to you can really boost your ego. Cheating women are often looking for the flattery they are not getting at home. Pay your partner some attention, flatter her, and prevent her from becoming a cheating woman.
6. No intimacy. All women need to feel close to their loved ones. Cheating women have given up on getting it from their partners and are looking elsewhere. Hugs, kisses, massages, all will make her feel closer to you.
7. No emotional input. Women need you to talk about your emotions. You may think it is worse than going to the dentist. Cheating women are looking for the emotional feed back they are not getting at home. Cheating women can be prevented just by expressing your emotions.
8. You cheated first. Cheating women are often paying back their husband for his sexual infidelity. Sexual revenge is a huge motivator for cheating women. This kind of tit for tat is only going to hurt you both.
9. Sayonara. Some cheating women have already mentally left the relationship and are looking for the replacement. Emotionally, this cheating woman has already left you. She probably isn't planning on staying.
With some attention and flattery your partner need not join the lengthening list of cheating women.


OK then, what the heck was that? And what do you think about the person who wrote it? I just pray to God that neither me, my daughter, nor any other women that I care about ever meets this person because if it is a man, it's one angry man who hasn't the capacity to respect women. I would wager he has been incarcerated for assault more than once.

Now, I could be wrong, it could be one really sweet guy who adores his mother and all the other women in his life. Perhaps he is the type of man who helps with the housework, pays the bills, takes care of his women in the sack and worships the ground they walk on. Maybe they just want to warn OTHER guys. Anyway, what do you think?

I have to go to my chemo appointment today and the next one is the last one! I can't wait for this crap to end. Maybe I'll treat myself to Starbucks after today's appointment is over...and then I'll be in a better mood when I come home. For the time being, I have to get ready to go and when I get back, I'll be more myself and I'll write a normal post.

See ya!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's some guy who hates all women.

Scotty

January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheating isn't something that's exclusive to men. These aren't his words - he (I'm assuming it's a he) used the word "article" to describe the piece.

So maybe this is a guy who was cheated on and is trying to find out why she strayed. Or maybe he knows that people from all walks of life read your blog and is simply showing the other side of cheating.

I don't think there's any bitterness with the comment; just another side to consider.

January 08, 2008  
Blogger AntonioFWW said...

I would have to agree with Limerick Gal. This sounds like a guy that has been hurt and now he's trying to make sense of it all.
I feel kind of sorry for him because it sounds like the wounds are fresh and he really needs to work through a lot of the pain that he's going through. Does it sound a bit bitter? Hell yeah. There are several phases we go through when hit with such devastating news. It sounds like he is at the phase of anger where he thinks every woman will cheat. That simply isn't true. It's like saying every man will cheat.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Everyone is an individual". You can't judge someone off of someone else's actions. Just because your last partner cheated on you it doesn't mean your next one will too. You have to start each person with a blank slate and build upon that through their actions and try not to be suspicious of every little thing that person does. Don't be a doormat either. Learn from your mistakes, of course, but don't go out of your way to spy on your new partner thinking they are doing the same things as your last. Innocent till proven guilty, right?

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

I agree with LG. If you step out of feelings for a minute (and ignore the generalization implied here, that all women are flighty sluts) this person has some valid points.

We do cheat (not all of us) if we feel ignored, overworked, put upon, like sexual receptacles, like our man can't be bothered to do anything for us, and definitely if we've checked out of a relationship, and definitely if we are missing and know we aren't going to get intimacy.

I can honestly say that the one time I did cheat was purely for revenge.

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Absolutely. I think that I need to read that thing over again when I'm not so pukey from the chemo.

I feel dreadful, this was the second drug they've used and it's much more caustic than the other one. I feel so badly that I need to go lie down with a bucket to blow chunks into.

See ya.

January 08, 2008  
Blogger AntonioFWW said...

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well today. I haven't been through what you are going through but I have seen others around me go through it and I know it is rough. Keep your head up and know we are behind you and you're in my prayers.

Now back to the topic at hand: cheating. Here was a related article on cheating and how to bust your cheating spouse for those intersted: http://firstwivesworld.com/relevant-news/amanda-lockhart/the-business-busting-cheaters

I personally would never use such a service because I feel that if I can't trust the person I'm dating, then why am I dating them? But as a person once said, "I just make the mouse traps I don't use them."

I believe in giving people all the knowledge and information and letting them decide what do to with them. So check it out if you like.

All my best,
Antonio

January 08, 2008  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Sorry you are feeling bad today Meg. :(

That seemed like quite the odd comment considering it wasn't an answer to anything you said in that post.

I vote for it being a total ass that just wants to disrupt your blog. Or just a total ass that likes to hear it's own opinions.

Not sure if it seems to be male or female...only that it's an ass. :p

I hope you feel better!!

*Hugs*

:)

January 08, 2008  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

oh! and just to clarify...

If that person had responded to a specific question within that post...and seemed like they wanted to converse about the cause and effect of cheating...then I would not think they were an ass.

But it was an entire "article", popped in an unrelated post. And it was obviously something that would offend, or at the very least get some hackles up of, some constant readers of this blog, and/or the blog owner herself.

It seemed to me that it was a comment posted with no other purpose than to upset/annoy someone or fulfill someone's selfish need to get published. That is what I feel makes the comment writer an ass.

And...I could be wrong. It happens to the best of us. If I am, then I apologize.

:)

January 08, 2008  
Blogger theangelJean said...

Actually, to me it looks like one of those articles you get in magazines. You know, the ones that have titles like '10 Secrets of Great Relationships!' and 'Real Men Tell: What is the Perfect Woman?' Or in this case: 'Why do Women Cheat?' When I read the actual comment below the last post, I saw the link at the bottom. I'm assuming it's an advertisement for their site (although I didn't bother going to look).

Sure, it's written from a very biased point of view. These magazines are designed to tell readers what they want to hear, as well as offering tidbits of 'information' and 'advice'. Somewhere out there on the stands is a men's magazine for those guys who want to be hunks AND the S.N.A.G at the same time, and it reads like this article is for them. The message is very blunt, sounds like it's designed for the redneck simpleton: be good to your woman, or she'll cheat! I didn't get the anger or bitterness so much. If you read it from that point of view, maybe you can hear the advice column mentality instead.

Just my two cents.

the angel Jean

January 08, 2008  
Blogger theangelJean said...

Oh, yeah, and after analysing what it was, I forgot to say what I thought of it.

Baad, bad advice. A real woman isn't going to cheat just because you aren't nice to her. She'd be well within her rights to leave, but I'd hope most women (and men!) would do the decent thing - see if their partner can change, and if not, leave before even thinking of anyone else.

If the author really believes all that, that they wrote ... I'd say it's simplistic advice from someone with no experience 'if she cheats, how about being nicer? You know it's all your fault, but you can be a better man if you take our advice!' Unless you deliberately take that last half as sarcasm, it doesn't sound bitter to me. Just stupid because it's irrelevant.

I hope you feel better soon, Meg! Chemo is a bitch. Take care of yourself, you know you're going to need your strength to recover from the treatment, let alone the cancer.

the angel Jean

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

"...it was obviously something that would offend..."

That was my original thought. I haven't bothered going over it again and perhaps I'm wrong. One way or another, I'm over it now. I feel much better now...thanks you guys!

Meg

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OMG! I didn't even notice the link at the bottom of that fucker! Well, it's gone now. I'm always happy to post a link to someone's site if they ask or if they have something that I think is interesting or relevant...or if it's just a friend of me and my blog. But if someone sneaks one in like that, they're gone. Sorry folks, I didn't realize that I was being manipulated like that.

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Jaded said...

I'm sorry that this round of chemo is so rough. You remain in my prayers.

January 08, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks girl. It is a bitch but the bright side is that I only have one more! Then they'll do another MRI or MRA and see if the tumor shrunk...that's what they're trying to accomplish with the chemo. After they see what the chemo did, they'll decide whether or not to do radiation. But for now, I'm going to just be happy that this CRAP is almost over!

:)

January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my hubby hates for me to do down on him. I love too go down on guys, So I have too search outside my home. So two or three times a month I find guys who like me too do that. And now I go all the way having sex. The question am I a slut or just need sex real bad????

January 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

The word slut is a nasty one so I won't use it for you. What you are is "not too bright". If your husband doesn't make you happy, leave his ass. If you have to go out looking for a piece of strange to get your groove on, you aren't happily married. What you need to do is either ask your husband to do what you want to do or leave and find someone who will. It won't be tough. How would you feel if you woke up and noticed that you had been murdered by some nut you barely knew? It's just SO not worth it. Watch the news now and then.

Meg

January 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home