.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Good afternoon...

...I'm hiding in another room for the time being I don't know how long it will last but it's nice to be here. That's only because it's nice to be anywhere else. I think that it's time to go down to the pool. There's something stupid about Florida and the pools. They don't bother warming them so that you can swim anytime it's over 80 degrees.

A state that has so many over 80 days should maintain pools longer than they do in the Chicago suburbs. These stupid pools won't be usable until Memorial Day...just like Chicago pools. But there's a HUGE difference...that pool downstairs will NEVER be a Popsicle. I could swim in it now if the water wasn't so cold. My father had to toss huge logs down into our pool in the winter to cut down on the damage done by the expanding ice. (For some reason, he never drained it completely in the fall.) Anyway, as annoying as the cold in Chicago is...the hot in Florida is worse.

Florida is like a space heater...you want it to warm you up now and then, but you don't want it in your room forever. This fricking place is hot and the old people don't believe it so not one of them has thought to put a heater in the pools. Wouldn't THAT be a nice way to spend the condo dues? I think so.

I would rather live in Chicago than Florida 8 days a week. I would much prefer a blizzard to a hot spell in Tampa. Now that I think of it...old people die in hot spells in New York...why aren't they dropping like flies here? They MUST be using the AC!!! Aha!

They DO use the AC...they just don't want us to get too comfortable. That's it. There are far more 2 bedroom condos than there are 1 bedroom condos...they all have an extra room and they don't want anyone to stay in that room because it's for "guests". I bet guests get to turn on the AC. I also think a guest is anyone who stays at your house for less than 3 nights.

We go into impress mode for 3 days...then we just go back to normal and the guest becomes a pest who doesn't deserve guest treatment. That's when husbands and wives start talking shit about the "guest" behind his back. Once that happens...the guest is officially a pest. I hate pests.

Oh...my father implied that laundry needed to be done. Since he's quite the little sexist...that seems to be my job. I would understand, "Would you help me do the laundry?" but I get..."Uh...Jean says the laundry is overflowing." Jean doesn't even pass the laundry...he's just being an ass. That's my dad.

So...apparently I have to go do laundry. I wish I had some itching powder. I've never actually SEEN that stuff but it looked like fun on the Brady Bunch.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home