.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Good morning everybody!

Yesterday was Jean's memorial. My father made a short speech that he barely got out without losing it but he did a lovely job of paying her tribute. We had some people over here afterwards and that was nice. Some people from Chicago came in and some of them already retired here from Chicago so they were all happy to see each other. It was mostly Jean's bridge friends...that's what she's done for 50 years so all of her friends play bridge. (In case you're wondering, Keri came to the service but did not come to my father's place. He gave her some stuff out of the trunk of his car at the funeral home rather that her coming over here to see my father for the last time.)

My dad wants to get out of the house so we're leaving. I'm almost ready to go, I just stopped to say hello. I don't know what he has planned but usually on Sundays he likes to go walk at the mall and read the paper at Starbuck's. He does the New York Times crossword puzzle and what he can't get, I try to help him with but I'm not much help unless the answer is a bone or a 70's rock star. But, he does want me to go with so go I shall.

I'll see you guys later!

Meggers

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

Quite often just being helps, I think your dad is very lucky to have such a good daughter who will be his rock in times of stress.

May 04, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks, I think you're right about him just needing someone there. This morning he said that he was going to the mall and I said I was "going to start dealing with all of the flowers in the house unless you want me to go with". (You wouldn't believe all of those flowers!) His answer was, "I'd like to have some company if you don't mind." Ordinarily he'd say, "This is my time to get away from everyone!"

Now I don't want to leave him at all. I've asked him to drive back to Georgia with me for a few days. I hope he decides to do that.

:)

May 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home