.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moni bambo! or, as the case may be, Moni mayi!

In Chichewa, it makes a difference in the way you greet a person. "Moni bambo!" is what you say to a guy and to a women, you would say, "Moni mayi!"

You couldn't have two different greetings in America based on gender, someone would change it to "Moni maybo!" to be used universally. I wonder if they ever had greetings based on other differences...like "Hola honky!" to white people or "Hola bro!" to black people.

Or you could say "Tiki tiki tiki!" as a greeting to people under 5 years old. After 5 you could say, "Arwe theryet!" to an older kid. Then, when they enter puberty you could say, "Simor pubes!". Then, when a person is a full grown adult you could say, "Boom boom!" That would work until the person is too old for boom boom at which time the greeting would be, "Ino gopu!".

OK then, enough silliness. I'm over that. I had something to say but I forgot what it was as I was messing around with the greeting bullshit.

I went out last night and had a really, really good time with some people who I haven't seen in forever. I'm a little annoyed that I had so little to drink but I still ended up with a hangover. It's not a BAD hangover, but it might as well have been because I didn't want to get up at all. I had 3 beers. They were Corona's, I never had them before. Maybe that's it. Or maybe it's just that I drink so rarely that my body just can't handle it. Or maybe it was the fricking lime, I don't know.
I should have just gone ahead and drank myself silly but I didn't. Oh, I did drink on an empty stomach, that would explain a few symptoms. I'd love to have something really good to eat but there's no one to wait on me and I feel too badly to get something myself so I'll just sit here and feel like crap. Nothing but time will stop it anyway, I'll be fine tomorrow. And then, in another month or two, I'll feel like I can handle it and I'll do it again.

If there was a pill to give you a ten minute hangover, you could take it before you start drinking and remember what it feels like so you would have a chance to avoid it all together. That'd be cool. That's another one of those ideas that I'll sue over if I see it on a store shelf somewhere in the future. I don't know if I'll win, but I will sue.

I got an e-mail from a guy I haven't seen in a really, really long time. A while back I dissed him on the blog, not using his name of course, and I sent him a link to it. I never expected to hear from him again. Well, it turns out that he had some problem with his e-mail and he never got the one that I sent him and he doesn't know about the blog so he never read that post. It's all good because I'm not mad anymore.

I got to tell him off when he made me mad and then I got to have it so he never heard a word that I said and I was sorry I said it anyway. That was a helluva sentence, wasn't it?

Anyway, I made a date with him for next week. He's a guy that I've been seeing occasionally ever since shortly after the Rick thing. I like him, I luuurrve looking at him because he's so pretty. And he's about 6'6". We always have such stimulating conversation and I always end up sucking face with him because he's just such a good kisser dude. He's much younger than I am but it's never been an issue. Actually, I found out once that he had it in his mind that I was 42, I don't know how he got that impression but I corrected him.

I rarely, if ever, lie about my age in real life. I might do it online, but it might as easily be that I say I'm older as younger. It depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. But if someone is looking me straight in the eye, I can't just outright lie to them. I can't lie in person, I have a tell. If I tell a lie, I crack up. I don't know why, I guess a lie always sounds so stupid to someone who knows the truth that I just can't keep a straight face. I don't know how Rick got so good at it...he should win some sort of prize for his talents. He really was the best liar that I ever met in my entire life. I've met quite a few liars, but most of them would break down and tell you the truth eventually. Not this one, he was nothing if not committed to his story. Actually, he was the inspiration for the song, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it". He really is quite remarkable you know, if people were paid for that talent like they were for musical talent, he would be the Elvis Presley of liars. He'd be the first liar inducted into the liars Hall of Fame. They would give out little golden statues of him to people to honor their bullshit. They would hand them out at the annual "Prevaricator Extraordinaire Awards".

OK then, I'm bored with that now.

Well, I should get something to eat. No one's going to come and wait on me hand and foot so I'll do the next best thing, I'll order out.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

Oh Miss wonderful Meg- I kiss your feet and worship your fountain of wisdom!! No seriously.... :)

May 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK cool...could you get me some General Tso's Chicken?

May 21, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

I don't know.... do you think that is ethical for my oh so professional status? Could be a conflict of interest or perceived as a bribe to stay in the BB's club! LOL

May 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No, that's if I gave YOU the chicken. Besides, once you're in you're in for life or until you bow at the knees of the nancy boy and none of us are going to do that so a lifetime membership it is...nancy boys life, not ours. He will NEVER relent until he is dead or cured.

:)

May 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home