.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tracie, see if this helps

"My dog has some medical problems that she needs to take pills for. Only problem: she can smell them no matter what we mix them in. And, if by chance, she does take them--she pukes them up. My husband is beyond frustrated..."

First, this is how I give Payton his medicine:


And if she has a problem keeping the medicine down, have ice water ready for her and see if you can get her to drink some immediately. Of course, if she'll eat a cracker or a piece of bread right away, it would help as well. Try doing this before she eats so that if she does upchuck, there won't be so much of a mess.

Good luck and let me know if this helps at all.

:):):)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so nice of you to do this!
I tried it, and so far so good. She is not happy with me--but the pill is down.
Thanks for the help--it is greatly appreciated by all of us!!

Tracie

June 20, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No problemo!

Payton used to hold the pill in his mouth and then spit it out, but I never let him get away with that so he gave up and now he just accepts it. When he swallows it, as you can see in the video, he sticks his tongue out as part of the swallowing process. That's how I know it went down and then I let go of his face. They get over it.

Meg

June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home