.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I should break my foot...

...more often. Last night was pool league and when I showed up, we had to shoot two matches. One was a make-up match that I didn't know about. So, we had to play two teams last night. Our captain was gone because she's the one who's parents died in a house fire last week so I took over.

Last week, I played even though I had to use one of my crutches and hold onto the table. How would you like to be the guy who I beat that night? Not only do I bear boobs, I am a gimp. Last night it wasn't so tough to play because I called my doctor and got some pain medicine that's much better than the crap the ER doc gave me. Also, it just doesn't hurt as much as it did anyway so I didn't need the crutch to play. I beat both of the guys I played. And I did it wearing slippers because I can't get a shoe on my right foot. It was either wear a left shoe and leave the right foot open or wear a slipper on one foot and a shoe on the other. It was raining so badly last night that I didn't want to walk around with the bandage getting all wet. So, I just wore my big fuzzy slippers.

Both guys who I played last night were both ranked so much higher than I am that the match was a race to 2 games for me, and 5 for each of them. I beat the first guy in two games and the second guy in three. I had this weird feeling that I was going to win. It wasn't even a possibility that I would lose. I don't know why, but I felt as though no one could beat me 5 times before I beat them twice.

Last week I won and I won in three games. In one of the games, there were only 3 innings and yet somehow, I went down in rank. I think it must have been a mistake, but we had to play the way the APA had it set up. I sort of felt guilty about that because I am a much better player than I'm ranked so I play people who MIGHT be a bit better than I am, but I'm good enough to hold my own and give them a run for their money. So, when the ranking is so lop-sided, there's really not much chance of me losing. It did happen once, a few weeks ago some dude beat me 5 times in a row after I won the first game. I just couldn't win that second game to save my life.

One of these days I'd like to video-tape a game so that you guys can see me play. Oh, and if you live anywhere near Marietta, Georgia, I challenge you to a match. If you dare, let me know when and I'll come and embarrass you in public. C'mon, I dare ya!

Oh, the judge show called yesterday AFTER we received the itinerary and tickets and said that the we won't be on until later this month. So, hold tight, we'll get that lawsuit aired sooner or later. They said that they had two other cases like mine this week so they needed to put it off a bit. The next opening they have is in 3 weeks...I think that's what he said.

Anyway, that leaves me with a totally open weekend and a serious ache in my heart because I was supposed to see my daughter. That's the worst part...we had plans for the entire weekend. I miss her so much it hurts a LOT! And to think, I never, ever wanted a girl. I didn't want a mini-me and that's just what I got only she is all the good parts of me without the bad. I adore her. She's such a perfect daughter, the kind that always makes you proud. I'm quite lucky, you know.

Well, I think I'll go out and campaign for my run for the Presidency.

See ya!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home