.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

OK...

The court date is over and all I want to tell you now is that I won 3 grand. They mail it to you after the court date so I don't want to tell you too much until I have that cash in my hot little hands. For now, this is as much as I can say.

I got into town at about 4 PM and there was one of those driver dudes with my name on a card waiting for me at the baggage claim area. Unfortunately, my baggage wasn't there. In my entire life, I have flown close to 100 times and not ONCE has any airline lost my luggage. Well, I can't say that anymore. They didn't have it and they didn't know where it was. Any other time, I wouldn't really have minded but this is the one time that I really, really needed some clothes. I eventually got the suitcase...they delivered it to my suite at about 11 PM, after I had already fallen asleep. I was happy that I slept on the couch because if I had gone back into the bedroom, I wouldn't have heard them knocking.

No wonder it costs so much to fly, they deliver the luggage personally. I had fallen asleep on the couch because I never would have heard them knocking if I had gone to the bedroom. I did sleep after I got my suitcase though because it was a GREAT big bed and soooo comfortable. I had a wake up call scheduled for 5:30 AM but I actually got a phone call from another lady at the hotel who was going to the show as well. I don't know why but for some reason she wanted me to hang out with her last night. I got myself out of that only to have her call me in the middle of the night to invite me to breakfast. I didn't want breakfast and I didn't want to hang out with a lady I didn't know when I could have just relaxed and enjoyed sitting in a lovely hotel.

Anyway, the limo picked me up at 8:45 and we went to the studio. There was a guy waiting for me outside and he took me past about 100 people who were lined up to go to the show. I had my folder hiding my face so I guess they thought that I was famous. A low rumble overcame them as I walked by. I just didn't want anyone to see me without make up.

I will NEVER listen to anyone who says, "We do your hair and make up!" for as long as I live. They did my hair and curled the bottom...on one side. Then they plucked my eyebrows and drew new ones in their place. They didn't like the jacket I was wearing so they gave me a black one. I had so much make up on my face that I could feel it. They ran around powdering people's faces every so often and they did it to me as well. They never took the old make up off, they just put more powder on top of the old make up. That felt hideous. They don't make up men, I'm not sure why they felt that women can't do their own make up. I went to the bathroom and took of most of it before I went on screen. But, I didn't have MY make up so I couldn't put any more on.

After I waited for a while, listening to somebodies kid screaming loudly, they took me to another room where it was quiet. They "prompted" me about how to tell my story. More about that after I get the check.

:)

Anyway, they called me to go into the courtroom and I didn't have 2 minutes to prepare myself. One minute I was joking with another litigant and the next, I was walking into the courtroom. Before I knew what was happening, the gavel went down and I had won 3 grand. That sounds great, but I was suing for 5.

After the court was over, so was their crush on me. They show you how to get out and you're GONE. So, I left the studio and went to the train station so that I could get near where I'm staying.

Once again, I have SO much to tell you and you know how hard it is for me to keep my fingers still! But, I've gone this far, there's no reason to take any chances now. I had no idea what would happen today so I didn't know how much I would have to tell you. I'm hanging out with a friend of mine now and I have to go chat with her some more before I go to bed. I'll be back in the morning and I promise you a helluva good story...when I have that cash!

Ciao!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weren't you supposed to call someone to let them know you made it home?

July 23, 2008  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg ~ Glad you are having a good time. Can't wait to hear the stories.

July 24, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Annie,

Mommy is sorry.

Karin,

I can't wait to tell you guys!

You know I hate keeping a secret!

Meggers

July 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us who the woman is who gave out all your information!!! We need to know.

Can you give us more hints????? Was she really seduced by JQ75?

July 24, 2008  
Blogger Pandora said...

I'm so out of it. Who is Meg kelso, as far as cyber names go??? I thought it was "her majesty" then I had gotten a couple of comments on my blog from "the one and only REAL Melso"???

July 24, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Panny,

You had to be there.

Anon,

Blow me.

Meg

July 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you blow someone? Do you need a breath mint?

:) :) :)

July 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...keep reading, I have detailed instructions on this thing somewhere.

:)

July 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home