.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm here and as usual...

...there's nothing on TV and I don't have a soul to talk to so I came here. My pawn shop computer is like a teeny tiny toy computer...my good monitor and keypad are much larger than these. I'm relearning how to type on this little thing.
There are few other problems...I don't have speakers hooked up for one. I went to watch that verminator thing that Uneasy Rider suggested ( check it out) and I couldn't listen to it. But you didn't really need sound, watching it was pretty disgusting. I don't know how anyone can live like that.
The first time I ever saw a cockroach was in the apartment my ex lived in when I met him. It was awful. He had boric acid sprinkled all over but those little suckers were crawling everywhere. He didn't live there long, apparently it was the best that he could afford after his first marriage failed. Thinking of that place still gives me the shivering willies and I haven't been there in well over a quarter of a century.
I would have to leave if bugs were crawling around. The moth thing has been bad enough, cockroaches and I would never have gotten along.
By the way, I haven't seen any moths in a few days and the hideous larvae are beginning to slow down. I pretty much emptied all the cabinets on that wall. I through everything away that wasn't in a can. I was so proud of my baking cabinet, I had everything. Oh, and my spices, I had a bunch of bottles of expensive spices that all got thrown away. Hell, I was afraid of my salt and pepper so I tossed them both...even the stuff in all of my salt and pepper shakers. If it wasn't in a can, I threw it away.
Oh, I'm still catching an occasional larvae thingie. (I need to go find a picture of that...BRB...OK, got it and put it at the top of this) I catch them with those sticky strips because I simply CANNOT pick any bug up with tissue, it might squish, I might lose it or it could crawl on my hand. Anyway, I don't hunt the fuckers with Kleenex, I hunt them with sticky strips. When I see one, I turn on the oven and grab my sticky strip. Then I nab the little bastard. Next is time for my to go all Hitler on those hideous things. I slowly put the strip really close to oven element and then I watch the worms die.
They seem to go out in a final blaze of energy. As soon as they perceive the heat they start moving and as you start to get really close to the element, they wiggle vigorously and suddenly stop. I had to kill them because if I just left them alive on the strip, some of them could crawl off of it and that can't be. So, I decided to burn them like a steak.
Another thing this little computer doesn't have is a camera installed so right now I can't take pictures for you but if they're still here when I hook the camera up, I'll show them to you. They're about a half an inch long and maybe as big around as a pencil lead. They're only in the kitchen and after days of observation, I've figured out that they're ALL coming from behind the cabinet that used to have the baking stuff. They're meal moths and quite common in foods that you would put in a baking cabinet. I just let it get away from me somehow.
Earlier this year I relined all the shelves in the house and when I did, I found the source of another moth problem...they had made a nest on one of my canvases that I had started to paint but never finished. Now I'll never finish it because it became the coffin for the queen moth larvae thingie. Anyway, when I started seeing the moths, I thought they were from the other thing so I cleaned out all of my closets. That must have been a different type of moth, the kind that eat clothes. The mealy bug things snuck up on me while I was arguing with the clothes moths.
So, between the moth balls, the fly strips and my little hunting expeditions, I'm pretty much over that problem. Unless that is, there is a another queen back there and if that's the case, I don't know what the hell to do.
I want to move out of this house anyway. It's a good time to do it what with the moths and the leaking sink that I fried with acid. The damn yard is too much to handle even though I spent days every week this past summer working in that yard. It took most of the summer just to clear the weeds off of the back fence. I would have to work on the yard itself next summer, it'd be 2010 before I could actually plant more flowers.
I've been in this house since '96 and I'm ready to leave. I moved here with a family of 5 and now I'm the only one left. It's just that I can't afford to move and I can't afford to stay. I could rent a cute little apartment for less than my alimony instead of this house which is more. I've been looking at apartment guides that you get from the grocery store and I found some places that have dog parks and they're 200 bucks less than I pay here plus the utilities wouldn't be so bad in an apartment.
So, I think I'll have to start up a money collection. Yeah, that's the ticket, a money collection!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home