.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm not having any fun today.

My phone has been ringing off the hook and it's a debt collector calling to see why I didn't make the payment that I should have made by last Friday. The reason is that I literally don't have the money to do that so they'll have to wait until I do. I can't shit out 75 bucks so there's not much that I can do today.

I answered it at first and told the guy that I could send him half now and the other half when I get my alimony (which is overdue). That nit wit argued with me and said they wanted the entire minimum payment. I went ahead and mailed the check for half anyway. I always send something to people I owe, even if I have to write a bunch of checks for 10 bucks...I send something to let them know that I haven't forgotten.

There's nothing else that I can do and this whack job who keeps calling me is not going to get a different answer other than, "I'll send the other half when the alimony gets here." He can call all day long, and he has, but it won't make me another 30 bucks. I didn't expect to spend the 100 bucks on this tiny computer but I had over a hundred dollars worth of jobs to do so I had to buy this thing, even with my last 100 bucks. If I didn't, I would have had to make that 100 bucks last forever because other than alimony, nothing else is coming in except the money that I make writing and working on movies. I usually juggle the bills and get them paid sooner or later but I can't ever seem to get enough money together to move into a smaller place that I could afford. Its too expensive for me to move and it's too expensive for me to keep paying the utilities in this house. I could scream.

Then, this numbskull starts calling early this morning as I was writing one of the articles. Basically, he was calling me at work. They can't do that. I looked up things that they can't do and here are a few of them:

What types of debt collection practices are prohibited?

Harassment. Debt collectors may not harass, oppress, or abuse you or any third parties they contact. For example, debt collectors may not:

use threats of violence or harm;
publish a list of consumers who refuse to pay their debts (except to a credit bureau);
use obscene or profane language; or repeatedly use the telephone to annoy someone.


It seems as though this guy IS repeatedly using the telephone to annoy me. There's no other excuse. I've already spoken to him and after I didn't answer the phone this morning, he kept calling over and over again and then it started to turn into a phone face off. By lunch time he had called so many times that there was no way that I was going to answer the phone when he called.

Every single time he did call, he would call back 10 minutes later with a different phone number. I might understand trying that once in a while but doing it over once an hour is stupid. It's so obviously him doing it that it's getting to be a signature of his. And this has only been going on for two days! He's already going postal with the phone and if I don't get that alimony soon, I'll just turn the ringer off. I hate to do that because I have kids that could be trying to call but this guy is nuts!

I looked on my phone and it has 23 calls starting at 8:22 this morning. Only one of those calls was a real phone call, that nit wit made the other 22. He got on my nerves so badly that I took a xanax but it didn't work so I finally picked up the phone and said, "Now I'm calling the police!"

He hasn't called back but it's early. Apparently he has until 9 PM to keep calling.

Between those worms and that phone calling dude, I am FREAKING out today. I took Payton to the store with me earlier but now I'm so annoyed I feel like taking him out for a long walk. Yeah, that's the ticket...I think I'll go to the Marietta Square and sit on a park bench like a good old lady. If I'm lucky there will be pigeons all around me.

:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg

remember when you wrote the poen for the lady whos mother was dieing? I would love for you to write one for me to give to my husband for Christmas. How much would I have to give you to get one of your poems?

Jess

November 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Jessica,
Wow! That was a blast from the past! I haven't thought about that in a few years. I'd be happy to do that for you. I would need for you to write me an email and in it, tell me about your hubby, what you love about him, the nice things that he does for you and a bit about how you met. Be sure to include anything that you especially want me to add to the poem.

How much? After I write it, you can just give me whatever you can, if you're as bad off as I am now, you probably can't afford much. But...every little bit helps!

Meggers

Send the email to me at:

megkelsobroderick@gmail.com

November 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home