.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do you ever get in the mood...

...to clean your house? I mean one of those moods where you start out by sweeping up spilled Meow Mix and end up renting a steam cleaner for the rug. I am in that mode and I can't seem to get out of it. For the past two days I've been cleaning and doing laundry that doesn't need to be done. I'm even washing floor mats and closeted blankets.

I'm pretty much to the point where the only thing left is a bedroom that I use for storage. I've been storing my messes there since last summer. I love having an entire room to throw stuff in, until it comes time to clean the room. If I become obsessed with cleaning again, who knows? But chances are pretty good that today is NOT the day that the back bedroom gets cleaned up. I wouldn't mind if it weren't so cold in there or if I had someplace to put the stuff. But, if I had a place for the stuff that I throw in that room, I would have put it IN the correct place to begin with. I only toss really off the wall stuff in there like off season clothes and a desk with no drawers that I can't seem to throw away. It's not that I WON'T...I literally CANNOT throw it away. That's it, the next man to walk into my house is helping me with that desk. And, since I can't do that right now, there's no reason to start moving all of the mess up to the attic yet.

Damn, the attic. For years I never went there. I would have no reason to. And over the years a lot of stuff was put in the attic. Oh, and during all of that time, absolutely nothing came OUT of the attic. For years I watched my ex stick boxes up there but I never remember him taking anything down once it has found it's way up there. Well, the Christmas stuff came down but it pretty much went right back up there. I have no clue what's in those boxes. For all I know Jimmy Hoffa's head is up there. On the rare occasion that I have to visit the attic, I don't venture off of the ladder thing that pulls down from the ceiling. I'll go up far enough to where my waist is even with the attic "floor". I don't have any reason to go back any further and I dread the day that I have to.

Oh! That attic "floor" isn't a floor, is it? I'm not sure what it is but it looks like rodent heaven. OMG...the spiderwebs, flying dust-bunnies and the possible mouse will keep me out of the attic for years...and they did. But now I'm here alone and I have to handle attic related issues and it's dreadful. If I had to go up there, I suppose that I could walk along the wood panels, but the way the roof is shaped, I would have to hold on with my hands at some point. First of all, I couldn't touch those "walls" with my hand if I wanted to. I have a deep and abiding fear of bugs, rodents and very small things with tails. If a horse was an inch high, I would have to have someone step on it for me. I can't do it myself, I hate the crunch under my foot and I'm too afraid to approach anything that needs squishing. The next fear I would have to get over if I were to go into the attic is the fear of something poking it's head out of that fluffy stuff and biting my ankle. That would mess me up for life. It's not a chance that I care to take.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother with that room today. I'd rather take stuff out of cabinets and wipe down shelves. Actually, I might do just that! My word, I think I have a plan then.

Before I start cleaning, I have to get bored and for that I just turn the television on. Within 10 minutes I start to think, "What a hideous waste of time!" That's when I start the cleaning jag. So I'm sorry, but I have to go bore myself so that I can wash shelves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home