.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, look at that!

There's a dog carrying groceries down the street! I finally did it. I feel like I can walk to the store, but I have no business carrying heavy stuff. So, yesterday I put a belt around Payton's lower chest and I attached that to his collar with a different collar. The middle collar is what I hung the bags from. It worked so well that after we got back from the store, I didn't wait long to go do it again so that he would have the task firmly stored in his memory.

Then, last night, we went for a third time and he was perfect. He had 20 pounds on each side, one side was a bag of kibble and the other side was canned dog food and light bulbs. It didn't take him any actual training, he just held still so that I could strap the bags to him. The next time that I take him to the store, I'll get a picture of him carrying the groceries. I'll have to do it here in the kitchen rather than out on the street because the only camera here that works is my webcam. And, I haven't been able to use that sucker for weeks.

But now...I can use it. I finally got my computer fixed! It was just a broken fan and the guy replaced it for me and now it works just fine and dandy, thank you! Of course, now I'm left with an extra computer. I may give it to my grandkids...I may just keep it here in case mine breaks again.

Ah, you have no idea how nice it is to have my old computer back again. The other one was slow and stupid. It couldn't make videos, I couldn't watch them...it was awful. Now all I have to do is find that stupid webcam and I'll be back in business.

Oh, I need to get my old keyboard as well. It took me a while to figure out that I could still use my monitor, a flat screen larger than the little old one that came with the cheap PC I bought for $100. I thought about it and decided that I could probably hook up the other keyboard, I just never did. Now I'll stop typing "\" when I mean to backspace.

I have to shove food in my face and eat 2 Popsicles. I'll be back later, I'm gonna go watch a couple of South Park episodes before I start work...I find it gives me a wise ass attitude that is much more intense than the wise ass attitude that I come with.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home