.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, June 21, 2009






















I finally figured out...

...why I found Hippie Dude so compelling. It was apparently my knack for falling for violent men. I haven't been around one of those since my divorce which means that I've been free from any man induced injuries for close to 5 years. That explains why I didn't see this one coming...it just never occurred to me that this was an option. I weigh about a hundred pounds and Hippie Dude weighs well over two hundred pounds so violence is about the last thing that I would see coming. I'm an idiot.


Last night I was over at Hippie Dude's place watching a movie and having a good time. The last thing I remember is the movie ending. The next thing I remember is pouring a drink on his car seat out of anger. I don't know what I was angry at and up until a few minutes ago, I didn't think much of the fact that I didn't remember anything because the next thing that happened was so painful that I dealt with that issue first.

I was yanked out of his car by the arm and I fell on the street, injuring my right shoulder. I was still a bit fuzzy at that time so I can't explain all of the bruises and cuts but luckily, a passerby called the police. I remember thinking that I would be safe once the police got there. When the police officer approached me, I started to show him my injuries but he immediately said, "Don't even bother or I'll arrest you for being drunk in public." I was baffled by his attitude but things were still a bit hazy so I just shut up and let him drive me home.

By the time I got home I was coming around pretty well and I was angry at the bruises all over me so I called 911 and asked for a different cop. Four squad cars pulled up...one of them the cop who refused to help me earlier. I was sitting on my back steps with a bloody towel when a cop who said that he was the other cop's supervisor was trying to explain why an officer would behave the way the first cop had behaved. I understood what he was saying, he didn't have to say it over and over again. It would have been nice if he was more concerned with me than he was with defending the nit wit who refused me help, but at least he didn't threaten to arrest me.

Of course the cops asked me why the guy was violent and I told them...I don't remember. While the supervisor cop was defending the nit wit cop, I overheard the nit wit cop telling another officer that the guy who assaulted me said that this all happened after we had sex. I just assumed that the guy was lying and went back to talking to the second cop.

I was sitting on the step bloody, bruised and not remembering a thing that had happened and all the cops could do was defend their buddy and discuss whether or not I had sex.

I went into my room and fell asleep. Then, when I woke up this morning, I started noticing new bruises. I also started trying to put together what happened last night. When I remembered the guy mentioning that I had sex, I dismissed it as a lie that the bum told the cops. Then, I went to brush my hair and I realized that the back of my head was totally messed up like I had been laid. That's when I began to realize how bad last night really was.

By the time the second group of cops got there, I doubt that anyone could say that I was drunk (not that it should have mattered) but I did have a few glasses of wine during the movie so I was more concerned with not being arrested than I was with my injuries and what could have possibly happened. But basically, I can't remember anything from when the movie ended until I spilled the lemonade on the car seat. I don't know why I did that and now I'd really, really like to know. The police were only concerned with what I might have done to earn the assault so they didn't even try to ask any questions about the assault itself. I told them that I didn't remember anything and they must have assumed it was because I had been drinking. If that were the case, I wouldn't have remembered everything after the incident so well.

Even the EMT's that came acted as though I was a pain in the ass so I actually felt guilty about requesting a ride to the emergency room so I declined the offer. The more today goes along, the more it's all starting to come together.

I have no clue why I didn't remember a huge chunk of last night and I'm not terribly sure how the bruises got all over me although I do remember being dragged out of the car and bouncing off the pavement. I also remember trying to get help from the police and being threatened with arrest. I even remember the supervisor explaining why a cop should ignore a bruised and bleeding woman because she may have had sex. I don't remember having sex, I just don't know if I did or not. I don't remember how the bruises got on my throat and I'm not sure how my finger was sliced open. But, I do remember being threatened by the police after I called them to help me. And, I certainly remember all the reasons why a cop has no responsibility to a woman who "asked" to be assaulted.

Perhaps I'm forgetting a lot more, but the cop who said that we were both drinking didn't seem to mind that the man was driving, just that I was "drunk in public". I wouldn't have been in public if I hadn't been dragged out of a car and tossed onto the pavement. But, I guess if you have a woman who may or may not have had sex to arrest, why bother with a drunk driver?


Marietta City Police Department

Officer Braxton

Sgt. Bryd

770-794-5300

2 Comments:

Anonymous Wendy in Houston said...

Oh My God! I was hoping this was just a made up story when I first read the text in my reader but after going to the source and seeing the photos I see that it isn't. Do you think he could have put something in your drink? I really hope this was not a date rape incident. I can not believe the amount and size of bruises. I hope you are ok. Do you know if he has a record?

June 21, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That's pretty much all I know. I have no clue what happened, I literally told you guys everything that I knew. My guess is as good as yours. Maybe I'll get someone to pay attention and get some blood tests.

:(

June 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home