.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good morning!

I've been trying to get the swelling in my knee to go down and it seems to be working but I'm getting pretty sick of doing nothing so here I am!

That guy who I was talking about is still around but it's occurring to me that it's stupid to even allow myself to have feelings for someone else. I've totally forgotten how to do this and I'm not even sure that I want to. It's been years and years since I've done this crap and I just don't have the energy for it. So, I'm doing what I do best, I'm shutting down any part of me that might be vulnerable.

I rented one of my extra bedrooms out to a very young couple who immediately bought a car and within a week, the chick drove the car up a tree. She's OK but the car's dead. I was thinking, "Oh well, it's a good thing they had insurance." but I was wrong. I don't know how they did it but somehow they drove off the lot without it so they're relatively screwed. I feel so badly for them, especially the guy because he tries so hard to do the right thing and it doesn't seem to get him anywhere. I can certainly relate to that.

The other day he walked in after work and I found out he had to walk home...at least 5 miles. I felt so badly for him. Then this morning I was minding my own business and taking a leak when I saw the guy's head peek into my room. That was annoying. He was trying to get my attention, which he did, because he needed a ride to the bus stop. I could tell he was afraid to ask me for a ride because I can be a bitch. I felt even worse then so of course I took him to the bus stop. He looked so sad in his little quickie lube cap and shirt that I couldn't say no. While we were driving to the bus stop I told him that he shouldn't be afraid to ask me for a ride to work and that I know I can be intimidating but I get over it quickly.

It's interesting to watch a young couple relate to each other. I'm fascinated by the way she whips him and the way that he just maintains his composure so well. He does all the work in that relationship...laundry, dishes and anything else that needs to be done. I asked her to do the dishes once and she did such a crappy job that I wouldn't ever want her to do them again. When my kids did crap like that I would take the dishes, put them back in the sink and tell them to do it over again. I can't do it to her but she could use some serious Meg-discipline. These kids are way younger than my own so I have to keep telling myself that.

OK, I'll be back soon, I have to jump in the shower. Well, actually, I think I'll carefully step into it.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home