.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Interestingly...

...whomever it was that sprayed the swastika on Smyrna congressman Scott's sign knew exactly where to go to avoid the security cameras. I doubt that Scott is right when he accuses "teabaggers" of the crime. I am quite sure that he needs to look closer to home to find his local vandal.

Apparently the feds are going to assist the congressman in his "attempt" to bring the right wing racist SOB to justice. Right. And then we'll be seeing him on a Florida golf course.

What's that question that the cops always ask? "Who stands to benefit from this crime?" I hope they ask that in this situation. I'd ask the congressman to take a lie detector test regarding his possible knowledge of this pathetic exhibition but I'm sure he would find it fun to have a right to privacy all of a sudden so I'll just leave it there.

Scott would feign disgust at the very idea of a polygraph in as stunning a hypocritical twist as the ACLU adopting a new perspective towards parenting in that they believe that religion is something that a "child should learn at home, not at school". All of a sudden we find out what parents are here for. We're certainly not here to teach our culture to our kids...that's racist. We aren't here to teach then what we believe a family is...that's homophobic. And we certainly aren't here to teach them good things about the men who died for our country...that's sexist...and racist...and homophobic. But religion is safe to leave to parents. After all, once they get the kids into school they can inculcate them into whatever doctrine that they deem appropriate.

For over a day I thought about whether or not I should even put my thoughts on this topic out here. I almost didn't. The reason was the fear of being perceived as racist. I'm not, nor have I ever been racist. But, listening to the manipulation of the facts by the media, the government and special interest groups, I realize that it's something that I have no control over. I AM going to be called racist any and every single time that I speak my mind in a way that doesn't fit in with the government line. I can behave with the most genteel of manners and yet still, as soon as I voice one hint of opposition to any popular power grab that's worth enough...there WILL be people who absolutely will classify me as something heinous and evil. I can't do a damn thing to stop it except shut up and pray that no one turns me in to the Obama administration.

I've never been good at that kind of stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home