.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

If cowards used the same energy that they use attacking from behind anonymity, they might be less of a drag on the decency on the good people in the world. But, this yahoo has decided to be judge, jury and executioner in my case...so let's take a look at his submission and my retort:

Anonymous said...

This might be funny, if you knew what you were talking about. Health care should be available to everyone, and there is a lot of misinformation being spread by republican'ts.

Aren't you sucking off of the gov't with your cancer care? Or are you blessed to have health care from one of your many many many ex husbands? Maybe we should take your care away from you, and see how you do. How would you feel then? Oh wait, you woulnd't, because you'd be dead.


My turn.

Meg Kelso said...

I usually don't take the time to respond to self righteous morons but in case any one else thinks what you think, I have to set the record straight.

I have NO insurance, no medical, no dental, no prescription, no eye care.

My doctor charges me $80 a visit and when I was beaten up by some nut last May, they wouldn't let me in to see him even though, for once, I was not in their debt at that time. They told me to go to the emergency room. I said that it was stupid to go there and owe thousands of dollars when I could owe the doctor 80 bucks. They said, "The hospital has access to indigient care, we don't." So, I went home and stayed at home putting heat on my injuries because I didn't know what else to do and I was ABSOLUTELY NOT about to take services away from indigent funds that should be spent on children. I currently need another 80 bucks to go to the doc to get refills on my heart med, blood pressure med, anti-seizure med as well as my prozac and xanax which I CAN go without, but I shouldn't. Also, the doctor keeps telling me to get certain lab tests which I can't afford so when I go back, he scolds me again. I feel guilty about not listening to him but I feel worse about having to tell him the truth, I just can't afford it.

Last week I broke a very high profile tooth. I had no money to have it fixed so I traded my most prized possession (after my kids of course) to a dentist in exchange for a root canal and a tooth build up. He gave me a prescription for pain medicine but I only had 16 bucks and my animals needed food. So, instead of a narcotic after a root canal, I bought a bunch of Alpo and Aristocrats Cat Food. That damn tooth still hasn't stopped hurting and now the pain is in my jaw too. The dentist didn't agree to anything else than what he already did. I don't know what to do but for now, I have other problems that are more pressing. I'll post a picture of my fridge for you. It's embarrassing but not any more than taking food stamps from children and old people.

When I do have to pick up a prescription, I call Costco and Wal-mart because my pharmacy price matches and I can get them cheaper that way...but I still have to pay for my own medicine. Once again, it's embarrassing to answer "No." to the question, "Don't you have any insurance?" But, even if I wanted to lie and say I did, I'd never get away with it because I couldn't produce the necessary information.

Oh, and don't let me forget my eyeglasses. I can't see a damn thing without them but I stepped on them months ago and they're broken beyond repair. One ear piece is still there so I wear two thirds of my glasses when I'm at home so that I can see the TV. It's too embarrassing to go out like that and since I don't have the money to get a new pair, I just don't.

I'm behind on my rent so badly and all I can do for my landlord right now is clean the heck out of his house, do my best to manicure his lawn and then leave before I end up owing him more than I already do. I'm so ashamed that I let him down because he's been terribly good to me over the years. But as I try to come up with the most responsible, decent and correct thing to do, I'm stuck with the shame of having to tell him the truth and promise to repay every favor he has ever done me.

Everybody who knows my situation has asked me why I don't try to get some sort of government help and I am still praying that I can dig myself out of this hole...I've done it before. I found then that my pride came back and I'm hoping for the same this time.

I'm not perfect but if I had accepted assistance from one person, one agency or one church...I wouldn't be in the dire straights in which I currently find myself.

So do yourself a favor, before you make assumptions about me, or any other fellow human, remember than there are things that you don't know and see if you could find it in yourself to take the high road and try to make a negative situation better.

Well, obviously I'm not dead...but I don't really feel well at all.

Have a great day and God Bless!



I have asked for no help because my pride usually keeps me stoic. BUT...I refuse to have people think that I am getting insurance from anyone. Not from tax-payers, my ex nor from the indigent care people of Cobb County. Don't think for a minute that I am complaining...I'm simply setting the record straight.

Besides, if it were any easier, I wouldn't be so curious about when my life will turn around and find out what all of this BS is going to afford me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home