.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hmm...

...life is getting interesting again. My daughter is seriously considering moving back to Chi-Town which is exactly what I thought would happen if I came out to LA. It's all good if that's what she wants, she has a great support system back there so I don't mind, I just want her to be happy. Also, I want to be with her so I would follow her anywhere...that's all a given.

Unless, of course, I should meet someone like Thor and suddenly realize that I really, really, really enjoy his company. After being single for over 5 years, who'da thunk it? Except for one very special guy that I've missed for a couple of years, Thor is the first person whose presence I can tolerate. Ordinarily I prefer leaving, ignoring or taunting men who I see 3 times.

I don't know why, but for some reason, I can date a guy twice and not see the major asshole sitting right in front of me. But as sure as my ex will date any woman who says "Yes!", by the third date with any guy, I will see every single one of his faus pax in a most magnified manner. His grammar, his sense of humor (or lack thereof), even his posture all suddenly become quite saliently ponderous.

My third date elucidations often leave me wondering where my observational skills were on Date Numbers One and Two.

Some time within the past year I did one of my 3 date symposium's and by the third date I was appalled at my lack of judgement during dates one and two. I have very rarely misjudged a person so hideously in my life...the most destructive was, of course, my assessment of my most recent ex. Luckily, I'm wise enough, mature enough and assertive enough to avoid marrying the toads...heck I can even avoid a fourth date with most of those yahoos nowadays. But somehow, one of them got under my toad radar and briefly shattered my usually confident Internal Yahoo Spotting mechanism.

Earlier this year, I dated a guy a couple of times before inviting him over to my place for dinner. When we were out, we didn't really have occasion to chat, we were just having fun. But the evening he came to my place for dinner, I got to hear him speak. His conversation went something like this:

"I don't know what you see in me. You're way out of my league, I don't know why you'd want to spend time with someone like me..."

Well, he said stuff like that for about 20 minutes before it occurred to me that he was right, I WAS too good for him. I only say that because as bad as things can get in my life, I still know that I'm a valuable person and certainly worthy of the attention of a decent guy. So, I said, "You're right. I could be miserable all by myself, I don't need to invite miserable people over to help me be miserable. Sorry dude, but you need to leave now."

He was stunned. My guess is he was fishing for compliments and what could I say? "Oh baby, you're so cool the way you put yourself down...it turns me on something bizarre!"

Well, this biatch don't play that game so I just sent him packing. As he walked away from my front door, I could see him looking back over his shoulder. I'm 98.768% sure that he was thinking, "What the hell just happened? The self pity thing works on so many women!"

Obviously he chose the wrong woman that time.

It's with gusto and ease that I can usually toss a dude out on his ear, with or without a reason. But...maybe twice a decade, I meet a guy who makes me stop and think. I hate that.

Now I have to think about Thor some more.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home