.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Man...

...I hate navigating relationships in my old age. When I was younger, I didn't give it much thought. I figured that if there was chemistry, it must be right. I've since figured out that there are a LOT of chemically active men but you don't need to give in to every single chemical reaction that you run across. And none too soon, I might add. I could find myself a silly old lady who likes to sample every single old man who knocks on my door. That can't be any brighter now than screwing the entire football team would have been in 1975 and I was smart enough not to do that then...I like to think I've learned a bit since.

I have my own man now and I went into this one carefully. I didn't pay much attention at first but he earned my attention by coming to visit me in the hospital every chance he got. He never had to do that but he did. He's done nothing but nice stuff and I have absolutely no reason to doubt him or his intentions.

Actually, I know what his intentions are because I asked him. I told him that usual line that I give guys when I'm about to dump them only this time I kept the guy. The line goes something like this, "There comes a time in every relationship where you reach a point where you commit or walk away." I usually tell a guy that I'll be waving bye bye at this point. But I told this one that I needed to walk away if HE wasn't ready to commit. He was good with it and said that he agreed with me. Perfect...ey?

Well, if there's anything I know I can screw up, it's perfection. My mother always said that I would wait until someone started to get close and then I would push them away by doing something stupid. She was right. I didn't know that until now...I'm much more aware of what I'm doing and that's pretty much it.

This poor guy has no clue what he's in for. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and he hasn't untied any shoe that I've noticed. Aren't I hideous? I find myself untieing a shoe that has no business coming off. Oh well, life's a bitch.

I'm waiting for the weather to get a bit better before I go exploring more. This Los Angeles place is rather odd. It's amazing how many people actually work in show business. It seems like everyone I meet has either directed a movie, edited popular TV shows or, like my daughter's friend, just works for the Academy so that he gets tickets to the Oscars. As far as I know, I won't be walking any Red Carpets soon, but I assure you, I'll let you know if I do. For now the best I can do is walk over to CBS Studios and snag myself some tickets to see Drew Carey on The Price is Right. It may not be much, but hell, they don't pass out new cars at the Oscars.

I've been to that show before but I didn't get picked to TRY to play a game. I don't see my personality changing anytime soon so they probably STILL won't pick me. BUT...I do have Thor.

I haven't pushed him away yet so we still have the chance to go on The Price is Right and you don't NOT notice Thor. He's huge and he has a booming, easy laugh that he can't seem to control. It suits him...I like it. And...I think he's just the type to get chosen to play a game. Yep...that'd be fun.

I'd have to get him to agree that I get half of anything he wins as a result of my excellent advice. I haven't watched that show in years but, if memory serves...I was quite good at it. Maybe Thor is, I haven't seen him play. That's a thought, I'll have to get his butt over here to play some Price is Right games on YouTube or something before I agree to get a ticket for him. Yeah...that's a good idea.

Well, that's my break for now. I promised my daughter that I would keep on cleaning if she left and she did her part...she's not here right now. So, I figure I should have something to show for myself in the morning when she asks, "Well? What have you got to show for yourself?"

:):):)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show her the "Camel Toe" picture and tell her to kiss it.
KIDDING!!!
Well, sort of......;)
TW

May 20, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home