.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 26, 2010

I've been waiting...

... to tell everybody a secret that I've had to keep to myself for over a month. Now that my daughter is past the 2 month mark, I can tell everyone that she will be giving me a new grandchild next February! I have a strong feeling that it will be a girl but then again, I had a strong feeling that my daughter would be a boy so my strong feelings are less than reliable. I'll let you know how well my feelings work next winter.

Speaking of winter, I'm rather excited about the thought of spending next winter here in the Chi-Town area. I've been so far south or west over the past two decades that I haven't experienced a decent winter for a very long time. I hate hot and it's been Africa hot here for weeks. That makes me yearn for some cold weather. If memory serves, I'll be sick of cold by Thanksgiving but today it's going to be hot enough for me to look forward to the cold weather here in Chicago.

I remember walking to school when I was a kid...I never had to walk very far before the bitter cold made my toes and nose sting from the blustery air that would smack me like my father's belt. I felt so sorry for my cold self that I would want to cry but I didn't because the thought of icicles hanging from my face was a dire thought indeed. Thinking back, the cold winters weren't all that great. Of course, you can always put more clothes on when it's cold but you can only get so naked when it's hot. Oh well, there's always the few weeks of sweater weather to look forward to and I LOVE sweater weather. Now that I think of it, I should probably think about getting a sweater.

It was almost always chilly when we went trick or treating so by the end of October it'll be quite nippy around here. That doesn't give me much sweater shopping time, I only have a few days left of July and August will go by rather quickly. September can go either way so it's really only a matter of weeks before I'll be needing that sweater.

Oh, by the way, over the weekend I single-handedly stopped my girlfriend's son from farting at me. Apparently, he didn't know with whom he was dealing when he started dropping his little gas bombs on me. I guess he didn't think about the fact that I raised 2 boys of my own and one of them was a huge fart lover. Actually, he only loved his own farts...like the little man I'm dealing with now, he hated retribution farts. So, after a while of dealing with this kid's offensive tooters, I remembered how I stopped my own fartmaster from farting at me. I just began farting back at him and I even delivered a few surprise farts just for good measure. After I dropped a silent but deadly on him yesterday, I asked him if he thought we were even. He said that we were and he hasn't farted at me since so I think I've put a stop to him and his little surprise attacks. If he tries to start another battle, I can just go to an Italian beef stand and order a sandwich...with peppers...and make him seriously sorry that he ever tried to out-fart me.

Let's see, my expecting daughter, Chicago-land weather and farts...I think that's it for now. If I can stay out of the hospital long enough, I'll be back soon!

:):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home