.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Hi hi!

I've spent my morning with a dog and 2 kids. I fed them all with little balking. One kid did try to get away without eating all of his eggs but I told him to take his spoon, fill it with the eggs, shove them in his mouth and swallow. He did it...I was pleased. The dog ate his food as well, that took no urging, just a can opener and a couple cups of kibble. I did some dishes, took the dog for a walk, went to the store and now I'm here.

I wish I had more exciting news for you but that's pretty much my day so far. I did get back at a guy who stood me up last week, he called yesterday and asked what I was doing. I told him I was going to this little place to shoot pool. He said that he'd love to watch so I told him I'd be there by 7. At 7 PM last night I was watching the Cubs lose on TV, sitting right here at home. It rained quite a bit so I hope he got at least a bit wet getting in and out of his car. I also hope he waited for me for a while. That also pleased me.

I discovered some earphones that hook up to this puter and they have made my life ever so much more pleasant. I can still HEAR the kids, but I have a great excuse for not answering them. I adore the little buggers but every so often, I'd like to pretend that I live alone...like now. Ever since I saw Lily Allen at the Wiltern in Hollywood, I've been having so much fun listening to her music and these earphones allow me to do so without my friend getting annoyed. Lily has a habit of using the word "fuck" in her songs and although I appreciate the effort and feelings behind it, I also understand why my buddy doesn't want her kids hearing Allen's 'Fuck You'. I can't believe it took me so long to find that chick's music...why didn't anyone tell me about it? Oh well, I know about it now.

I made a promise that I didn't want to make but if I didn't, I wouldn't have been privy to the story that I heard about my most recent ex-hubby. I can't go into detail but suffice it to say that he is the same lying cheat that he was with me, only now he's doing it to someone else. His karma account is ready to tip over on his head like the truck-load of shit in 'Back to the Future' and that pleases me immensely.

Well, I must go and act as though I have things to do. Very soon I'll be able to have that stupid aneurysm coiled and stented and then I'll be totally normal. Maybe not...but I won't have to worry about my head exploding each time I work out. I'm going to take a chance this weekend and test for my Blue Belt so I have to go practice some patterns and then try to find something more productive to do. See ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peppermint Patty said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You'll have to visit mine. :)

www.peppermintpattyg.blogspot.com

July 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home