.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

When I set my mind out to do something...

...I usually do it. I may screw it up, but I make the effort nevertheless. I recently decided to start actively searching out men instead of waiting for them to knock on the door. I didn't have to resort to Internet meetings...not that I wouldn't have if this man-drought had continued much longer. This time I didn't even have to put effort into meeting men...all of a sudden every man I speak to seems to ask me out on a date.

Now I'm in a tizzy because before I realized that many more men would be forthcoming, I made a date for tomorrow night with a psychologist who has a thousands initials after his name. (I can't wear jeans for that date.) Then, out of nowhere I heard from an old boyfriend who heard that I was living here again. He's another initial dude only this time CPA is in the list. We haven't seen each other in years so he didn't want to wait long, just until Saturday...afternoon. That's 2 dates in 14 hours. I haven't done that since 1984.

THEN...tonight...a guy I met Saturday night stopped by to say hi. Actually, he's the one who stood me up on Monday but it turned out that he had a decent excuse (not a GOOD excuse, but a decent one) so I decided to let it slide. I'm really, really, really glad I did. He's better looking than he was after I had 4 beers. That's odd, isn't it? He has this Michael Madsen thing going on so I'm not putting up much of a fight with this one.

And...something tells me that when I lie down after writing this, I'm gonna be even more glad that I gave this one another chance. He has no initials but he is one gorgeous creature. Not to sound childish but...OMG!!! We sat on the front porch talking and my eyes wandered over every part of him. I couldn't find a bad spot. He is the tallest, darkest and handsomest tall dark and handsome man I have ever met. I want him.

So, as I'm ogling this hunk-O-man, he asks if I'd like to go bike riding in the morning. What the hell could I do? My heart was racing, eyes fluttering and hormones surging. "Sure!", I said. enthusiastically.

Now, if you're keeping track, that's 3 dates in 24 hours. I don't think I ever did that in the 80's.

Please don't think ill of me...consider that I accepted the first date after meeting a very nice man, the second one as a result of a well timed phone call between old lovers and the third was just plain old-fashioned chemistry. Which one would you have turned down?

I just hope he doesn't realize that I'm the one who called him and played Lily Allen's Fuck You into his phone the night I thought he stood me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home