.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hi hi!

I went out last night to have a couple of drinks...too bad I don't drink as much as I used to. I only stay up long enough to have 2...3 tops and then I need to go home and sleep. Last night I played pool which is what I wanted to do.

I usually prefer to have competition than to play alone but one must really define "competition". When I got there, two really young guys were shooting pool and I asked if I could challenge the table. They didn't know what I meant. I knew then that I was talking to little boys. They said that I could and I waited for one to lose. One did, and when I walked up to the table, I reached over to the light and pulled the chain to turn the thing on. That's when one guy said, :Oh no...she knew where the light was."

Then the guy I was shooting asked me if I would play for 5 bucks. I offered to shoot him for a drink since I had seen him play and I didn't really want to take his cash...but I don't mind playing for the tab. He came back with this gem, "Let's play for 5 bucks AND a drink". I wanted him to go home and let me wait for the big boys to come out to play. So, thinking it would shut him up, I said, "We might as well just play for 20 bucks a game." That was designed to get him to back off a bit. It didn't.

He tossed a 20 onto the table and so I did too. I put the 40 bucks on the side of the table and racked the balls. Long story short, I played until my original 20 turned into 80. After I went to the bar to order a drink, the kid came up to me and said, "My father always told me to let women win." I would have been offended if I thought he HAD let me win but he hadn't, he just lost because he didn't know what he was doing. I've played enough to know what it looks like when some yahoo lets me win.

Anyway, I think I'll go play again tonight since I have the kids cash in my pocket. I doubt I'll find anyone stupid enough to play me for 20 bucks again, unless I go downtown and play at Chris's Billiards. That play is full of real competition...not little boys who are still smelling their piss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home