.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I've just woken up...

...to another lovely middle of the night. The humans I know are asleep but my nocturnal friends are all about. I saw the neighborhood fox and a bunch of bunnies. My nighttime contemporaries are nice and quiet so I like seeing them first thing in the morning. The people I know...not so much. Before I greet them for the day, I must make sure that my xanax is in full force.

It's not that I don't like them, I do. I absolutely adore them. But, they are humans and humans tend to annoy be without even trying. My current human roomies like me back and make me feel special. I'm even considering adopting them as my own family. They treat me better than my birth family treats me so I'd be a fool not to enjoy my membership in this family.

I'm the oldest of 6 kids and the only time I've seen most of the others since my mother's funeral (in 2001) was at my nieces wedding. I do have one sister who keeps in touch and I adore her. She isn't perfect, but none of the kids in my family are. But, that one sister is the only one who has honored my mother's dying wish, "Tell my kids to take care of each other."

The rest of them seem to think that since Mom's dead, she won't realize that they dishonor her every single day. It's all good, my mother would have forgiven them, she was that type of person. I don't know how she raised kids who would carry a nameless grudge to the grave...but she did.

I have one brother who hasn't spoken to me since the 80's, I don't know why but he was always weird...another who likes Bruce Springsteen's lyric, "man turns his back on his family, he ain't no friend of mine." Well, he knows I'm 20 miles away from him and car-less but no matter how many times I call him, he never offers to bring me over to his place for a Bears game. But in his defense, he is totally pussy whipped and his wife won't allow him to spend time with his own family, preferring instead to take him to her family's place. My entire family has bitched about that for years but to no avail. I have a sister who is only friends with those who have something she needs but only until she gets whatever it was.

Then there is Marie. Marie has nothing but the decency to honor my mother's last wish. When she calls our siblings, they don't return her calls. When she needs a place to live, they don't offer her shelter.

Thank God for the nutty family I'm with now, they are everything a family should be, kind, caring, thoughtful, concerned, forgiving and full of unconditional love.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home