.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, October 01, 2010

When I was a senior...

...in high school, my boyfriend and I would literally write the words to 'Wouldn't it be Nice' and send them to each other. Of course, we meant exactly what the Beach Boys meant, "Wouldn't it be nice if we were older and then we wouldn't have to wait so long."

Well, now we are older. And, we're hanging out again. It's been 35 years and a few herniated discs later. The other day, as we hobbled into a restaurant for lunch, he sat down at our table and looked me square in the eye and pondered aloud, "Wouldn't it be nice if we were younger?"

Obviously, the message there is, "Be careful what you wish for." We wanted to be older and now we are. Unfortunately, we eventually went our separate ways and married people who never made us as happy as we were in 1976. It's a new millennium and he has a much nicer muscle car then he did back then and it plays music much better than did the cassette player in his old Firebird. So, the other day, a beautiful day here in Chi-town, we went riding in his newer and cooler car with it's nicer sound system and listened to the same music we listened to in the 70's.

Ah. I had fun. I stuck my right arm out the window and my left arm behind the driver's seat as he sped down the tollway and proclaimed myself, "Queen of the world!"

Luckily, it didn't cause any pain in the 2 herniated neck discs that I got when some drunken yahoo tossed a suitcase at my head on a Greyhound Bus in August. Of course, my lower back was aching, but that didn't bug me until I went to climb out of the cool car that's so low to the ground. We probably don't have any business in that cool car but I can't relent to a old person's sedan just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home