.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

OK...

...it's cold outside and I don't like it. I know that I grew up here but I haven't been around for a very long time and I forgot how cold it can be on this planet. Why would a creator make it so cold in the first place and why would his worshippers stay after the first winter? This just blows.

To people suffering through winter weather, I have a question...did you know that there are places with palm trees and sunshine? It's true, I've seen them.

When I decided to come back to Chicago, it seemed like such a good idea. I was thinking about the fact that my kids, wherever they were, would sooner or later come back to Chicago for a visit. If I were here, they would be able to see me and then they wouldn't have to travel to the Midwest to see one parent and then to the opposite coast to see the other. That made so much sense to me in June. It even seemed like a good idea in September when the leaves started changing colors. But now it's almost December and I'm beginning to think that I made a major boo-boo.
I have a winter coat, a scarf and gloves. I even have my long johns and I wear so many socks that I can barely get my shoes on. But guess what? It's still fricking cold!

If memory serves, I have at least one other nightmare to look forward to this winter...SNOW! I can't believe that I actually sat in Georgia and longed to see just one blizzard like we had when I was a kid. I even felt a slight twinge of envy when the weatherman reported that 18 inches had fallen over some poor sap up north. Before it got cold I actually thought that I'd enjoy one snowfall, and then perhaps I might get sick of it. But, the truth is that the cold air outside has awoken something in my brain and remided me that when I was 13, I would walk to school feeling dreadfully sorry for myself. Suddenly the memory of frozen toes and ears came back from when I walked the block to my junior high school.

Right now I am inside, the thermostat is set at 70, I have 3 pairs of socks on and my feet are cold. How the heck am I supposed to walk outside? Ordinarily I would think, "Well, at least the bugs are all dead out there!" Well, maybe they are dead out THERE...but they must have made one final attempt to keep warm because this one just scared the bejesus out of me as it was walking on the desk in front of me:

I don't think so...bugs and unrelenting, bitter, frigid temperatures? I'll be damned. If it's gonna be be this cold I can't stay and if the bugs follow people into the warmth of their homes, I WON'T stay.

Damn...that ladybug just flew away and hit me in the face as it did. The bitch read what I was writing, waited for me to finish and then assaulted me. I can NOT deal with this.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah......and as I recall last year I made a comment about how cold it was, and do you recall what you said.....do you?.....welcome home baby!

November 28, 2010  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Bite me little man. No, I don't remember what I said last year, I don't remember what I said last night. My brain is frozen. BTW...where are YOU!?

November 29, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home