.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Well...

...I'll be darned. I had a "Super Bowl date" yesterday and as things turned out, I handled it well. A guy I know wanted to hang out and watch the game. I had plans with a guy I've been seeing but he blew me off last week so I hedged my bets and made 2 dates for yesterday assuming at least one would show up. I was right, one did.

The guy was nice enough but rather forward during the game. I don't like forward on a first date when it's NOT Super Bowl day, I sure didn't need it during the big game. I promise you, if I'm good with things, I take the heat off the guy and get forward myself. I think it's a wise man who waits for the woman to wave him in.

Anyway, before the game was over, I had to defend my boobs, the fly of my pants and my entire face had to be saved by a "hard kisser", one of my worst things. I don't know why a guy feels the need to cram teeth into teeth but I'll tell you, I couldn't wait for that stupid game to end.

Then this morning I get the following email from Prince Charming:

"Thanks for the Superbowl party. I tell you.. .it is a trek out there. But I don't think we're quite there."

No dude, we're not. But tell me something, "If we aren't "there", why was I playing defense throughout the game?" If Pittsburgh had played D so well, it might have been an entirely different game.

I sure am glad that I'm good at saying "No!" because if I had enjoyed his company and fallen for his sweet nothings, teeth butting and groping hands, I would be a one night skank this morning and that can't be.

So, to the guy who blew me off for the second week in a row, "Screw you." And to the one who felt it necessary to endanger my bridge work, "I woke up with a hideous sore throat this morning and one of the kids here just got over strep." That'll teach you.


PS Grabbed from my cousins Facebook wall:

Urban Dictionary
Mansplain - to delighting in condescending, inaccurate explanations delivered with rock solid confidence of rightness and that slimy certainty that of course he is right, because he is the man in this conversation - http://urbanup.com/4634426

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home