.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

OMG!!!

Perhaps you've heard that the sense of smell is the sense most closely related to memory. I believe that because of my own life experience. Yesterday I was reminded of how powerful the sense of smell can be when memory is involved.

Last year I had a tooth capped. When I floss, I usually double floss because I love the flow of air between my teeth. I had a hard time getting the floss into either side of that capped tooth so I assumed that the dentist somehow glued all three of them together. Not wanting to return to Adolph the Dentist, I carefully avoided those two gaps when flossing. Yesterday, for no particular reason whatsoever, I single flossed. Somehow, that piece of floss easily entered the spaces I had been avoiding.

When I pulled the floss out of my mouth after flossing the entirety of one side of the cap, I was suddenly taken back to my most recent marriage as I was reminded of the aroma of my ex's breathe. To be sure, I flossed the other side of that tooth and I'll be damned, it was HIM!

So, to my ex, I have this message:

If I want you, and all your charms, all I have to do is floss.
I smell you so that I could die, I smell you so and that is why,
Whenever I smell you, all I ever do is ba-a-a-r-r-f.
Barf, barf, barf,
Ba-a-a-r-r-f.
I bring you to mind, taste your lips of slime,
Anytime, night or day.
Only trouble is, gee whiz,
I'm barfing my life away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home