.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Another Note to my Son's Sister About Their Father


I've been meaning to get back to you with a story I was thinking about. It's a pretty funny story but my telling of it cannot possibly do it justice. At the time, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

William was born on a Sunday and I went home from the hospital on Wednesday. My father flew in to Frisco from Chicago Wednesday night and since William had some jaundice, I had to take him to  the doctor on Thursday. Your Dad, my Dad and I took William to the doctor and when we did, we stopped at some Denny's type diner. My father had never been to California before that and he is quite the numismatist and since he was in a city with a US mint in it, while we were finishing breakfast my father asked John if he knew where the mint was. John replied, "Yeah, they're on the counter by the cash register."

My Dad and I looked at each other and he smiled. I, on the other hand, started laughing until I had tears in my eyes. My father was kicking me under the table in an effort to get me to stop laughing at my new husband but to no avail. I think I told you that he wasn't the sharpest dart in the box.

I told you that he wanted to be a cop. Well, he had to write an essay saying why he wanted to be a cop. I've always enjoyed writing so I tried to help him write it. When I asked him for some hints so that I could get started, he actually said that he wanted to be  a cop because of the shoot-outs and high speed chases. I wrote an essay that got him in the program but he screwed it up by getting arrested for stealing from his job.

More later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Divorce Theft said...

That's kinda of a sad story... a theft by a cop?

August 02, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes, it most certainly is a sad story BUT...he was still in school "studying" to be a cop. Maybe it was a sting operation!. Anyway, he was not at all cut out to be a cop. He hated authority but wanted to BE authority. I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you to hear that he was an abusive man.

Meg

August 06, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home