.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm reading a book...

...like an interested reader. I'm not the proofreader, you would think that the proofreading would have been done before publication. But, even in my casual reading, I'm picking up grammatical errors, spelling errors and plain old awkward sentences. And, considering that the book is 'A Royal Duty' by Paul Burrell, one would think that the Queen's English would be observed.

But, I'm halfway through the book and I've already found a large handful of boo-boos. On page 75, the last sentence is awkward at best and incorrect at worst. In discussing "the mere prospect of approaching a monarch", Burrell comments that downstairs staff would be reduced to quivering wrecks meeting a monarch "whom they never came into contact with". I would think it would make more sense to discuss those "with whom they have never come into contact". On page108, the word initially is misspelled "initally" in the last sentence of the page. How did that get by?

More errors can be found on pages 161 and 165, let me know if you care at all and can't find the errors yourself, I'd be glad to point them out.

I've been missing lately because I was once again hospitalized, this time for a hideous seizure called Todd's seizure which left me paralyzed on the left side and in hideous pain. My hands are numb and typing is arduous but I missed you guys so I had to pop back here to say hello and explain my most recent unexplained absence. The pain is much better as is the paralysis but the numbness lingers on. These things will slowly go away so worry not, friends of mine who would otherwise be concerned with my well being.

Well, today is my birthday so I am going to enjoy myself with my family...I hope you all are having a great weekend as well!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Meg.
Get better and get back to us.

June 29, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Believe me, I AM TRYING!!! It's amazing how much better I feel with all of my medicine in me. I shouldn't have tried to go without.

June 30, 2012  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice book thank for sharing divorce law

July 12, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home