.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

It just occurred to me that...

...I finally have a safe address to give you online without having to worry about stalkers. I meet enough of them OFFLINE. I heard that a woman asked for birthday cards online and she was inundated with them. It's not my birthday (but, in case you're taking notes, mine is June 29th), but I would certainly appreciate greetings of another sort...emotional support So, if you have the time and the inclination, you can send me a post card or a short note to:

Meg Kelso
6220 N. Nebraska Av.
Box 629
Tampa, Florida
33604

That's a place that helps the homeless population who also suffer from mental illness. I go there occasionally to use their computer and telephone and when I do, I always end up setting up an email address for one of the older gentlemen (they just don't have many women there at all). I've heard so many of the old men saying that they were computer illiterate so I've decided to put up flyer's mentioning a free in-service for the those guys. They'll leave the in-service with an email address and the ability to access that email. If that helps a bunch of people, I might considering doing it more or even offering another in-service on basic computer skills. It's amazing how many things are available online and these men are missing out on so much assistance simply because they can't figure out how to do the very basic things that we all take for granted. Think about it...who would even think to help these men with something so vital to todays' way of life and access to information..?

Anyway, I'm doing well right now and I hope that when I go back to the place, I'll have another good reason to smile!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tundra Woman said...

Sounds like a GREAT idea, as well as much needed. And appeals to the Nurturer in you which is in evidenced every where except the pool hall!
Go for it, Meg.
TW

January 10, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, but I can be nurturing in a pool hall too...usually other women who want to learn how to play will ask me for advice. If someone does that, I'll give them my best answer. I don't offer help to people who don't ask, that might be offensive. I'd nurture anyone...except for the fools who underestimate me.

January 10, 2013  
Anonymous Marty Shaw said...

Keep safe, the problem with the web is it is very easy to track people nowadays. There are so many clues, city, places you hang out, etc. Always be careful what you post. A great read by the way and I hope your flu goes soon.

January 10, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks for the warning, I take pretty good care of me. I find more danger in the people I know who happen to have a LOT more info than I mention on the blog!

January 10, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home