.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, January 03, 2014

How to leave a dreadful relationship

It's a tough thing to do under the best of circumstances but that doesn't matter...a good exit plan works no matter what you're leaving behind. The hardest part of this type of plan is actually making the decision. Once you've done that, the fear will dissipate as you concentrate on your forward movement. The biggest fear is that of the unknown and until you take the first step into new territory, you know what you're doing and where you're going so fear becomes less of an issue as time goes by.

Most of our lives have been based on decisions made in our past. The size of the decision doesn't matter, the smallest of them can have you change tracks and send you reeling into places that are extremely difficult to exit. My first impression of Rick was an extremely negative one. But for some reason, his constant availability got to me. If I had stuck to my convictions, my life would be totally different. I can't change that but I can be more thoughtful of decisions I make today.

Most of us really DO know the difference between right and wrong yet we still do things that we know are wrong...at least for ourselves. If we could do the right thing when we were 6 years old, we can certainly do it as adults. The rules may have been easier then, but then again, we're smarter now.

So often we drift through life without a plan and circumstances occur beyond our control. If you are following a plan, you aren't likely to be swept away by life...especially if you're working toward a goal that is important to you.

Some people who are particularly manipulative are aware that a healthy stick is harder to break than a malnourished stick. They won't bother with situations that aren't easy for them to control. Put yourself first and keep yourself healthy. Anyone who has a problem with you taking care of yourself is not someone you need in your life. They're taking care of their own wants and needs at your expense...don't allow your life's blood to nourish someone who is more concerned with their own goals. That's what you call a parasite. Even the person paying all of the bills can be a parasite on one whom he wishes to manipulate.

Lastly, what would you advise your best friend to do under the same circumstances? Give them some advice. And then take it, you should be your own best friend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

The fear of the unknown keeps people stuck in bad situations. Good insight. The hardest part is getting off the fence and moving forward. Jen

January 07, 2014  
Blogger Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

hey nice post mehn. I like your style of writing. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled Achieving Much More Than You Currently Think Is Possible .
keep up the good work.

Regards

January 08, 2014  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post. It can be very difficult to know when to end a marriage, and how to walk away. There is always that feeling of being a failure because your marriage didn't work. But it's not the end of the world! Sometimes, it can make your world begin again, and be even better.

January 15, 2014  
Blogger varghesesiby said...

The day when I decided.. I was nervous. Didn't know if I am doing the right thing. But I had to. I had no choice... and I must say.. Bible gave me immense strength to step into the world of unknown!! Thankyou God for being my guide and friend.

March 11, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home