.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 25, 2014




My father told me that I should have given my husband’s IQ tests. In retrospect, he was right. I should have waited until I saw any signs of a sense of humor. That would have made all the difference in the world. If nothing else, I’m a bit more discriminating these days. But, even a seasoned woman of the world such as myself falls into the trap of a jack ass dude. I’m not foolish enough to actually lose anything except my time and that’s bad enough. Recently I walked right into one of those traps  and I’m rather embarrassed to own it online but I do so with very altruistic reasons. (Patting myself on my back), I feel the need to reap justice/revenge within the social, legal and moral constraints that I have chosen for myself. Usually words are my best weapon so I must use them when I feel the desire to punch someone in the face. 

(This post is a digression of something else that falls under any category of tactics at my disposal. But I digress on a regular basis so it  doesn't matter.)

Recently I “friend-ed” who I thought was Christopher Knight on Facebook. He accepted and one of  my friends also friend-ed him when she saw that I had done it “successfully”. Then, the other day he IM”ed me. This is the actually IM history that I shared with this nimrod with my commentary in black italics, the conversation has my comments in pink and his in blue.:

Hi
Imagine my surprise!

Good morning! What are you doing up so early?
checking up some mail
I should have paid more attention to the odd phrase used here.

an you?
I let that one go.

I always get up early, I love the peace and quiet.
Hahhahah
Really, why was that funny?

I write so it's a good time to do that.
So, do you ever make any more volcanoes?

Nope
In hindsight, he steered clear of anything Brady.
Too bad, you did show promise!

what do you do for a living?
Once again, in hindsight, he was choosing his bait.            

I'm a retired nurse.

He liked that answer.
how many kids do you have?
More bait shopping.

Yep, I love my job. My back hurts like you wouldn't believe but I earned it in a great way.

i will be going to Turkey for a movie
This is part of his scam, he’s setting up his problem.

Mine are all grown up, I have 3 of them, all in their 30's. I started you. I got divorced and decided a dog would be a great option for a lonely chick so I have fallen in love with dogs.
Cool, I have no dependents. Mo’ money, mo’money.

I started you, LMAO...young.

Turkey! Wow...what type of movie and how long will you be there? I also work in moies, medical advisor and occasional background work

movies...dang my spelling sucks

oh
i know what you mean
I don’t even know what he means.

just have to keep it to my self
Once again, up a reason for not being able to answer certain questions.
when i get there will can send to the media for every body to now

Oh, that's cool.

will talk to you much later

OK, great chatting now! Have a lovely time, good luck and be safe!

thanks

Ciao~!

OK, I guess he doesn't scam on the first date. Or, these eunuchs could specialize in different parts of the scam. Maybe this guy just looks for appropriate victims and another dude closes the deal.


Chat Conversation                      

Hello
I didn’t see this for hours after he sent it. Dang, I might have totally missed Peter Brady!

Saturday 1:29pm
Sorry I missed you! If you'd like, you are more than welcome to call me at *%$-^%$!-(&*% anytime. As I said before, I have odd sleeping habits so don't let the time hinder you. The worst that could happen is that I am asleep in which case I won't answer.
BTW, if you'd like to read some of my funny stuff, email me at megkelsobroderick@gmail.com so I can send it to you. I'd love to make you smile.

Saturday 5:11pm

ok dear
OMG! He’s back! Peter Brady has nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than to chat with ME online!

Cool! Would you rather I try to copy and paste it into this? I'd understand if you're not comfortable giving out your email addy.

i just email you
I picture Peter as having much better internet and grammatical savvy I should have paid more Attention to that. I will in the future.

Oh, OK. uno momento

I'm still waiting for it to get here, let me double check my addy...
that's right...did you get the M from com? It wasn't on the same line as the rest
m

see? the stupid m is still a line away!

have you receive the mail

nope

got it, now I'll send you something that I find funny...

ok

OK, sent it.

oh i saw it
Now, he said he saw it when all he had time to do was open the email I had sent, he certainly didn't have time to read a sentence of it. Whoever he was, he lost me at this point. I hate a liar.
what are you doing at the moment                 
Or, “Do you have time for a quick scam?”

Making dinner for my dad. When did you see it?

Actually, I'm waiting for it to bake so I'm not really DOING anything.

oh
can i ask you for a favour?

Yeah, I know, the U in favour should have told me this guy didn't go to school in America but in my defense, I was catching on to the entire situation so one little detail like this one barely registered.

sure

am trying to send money to a friend in the state but i dont know why is not going from Turkey.....here..an he needs the money badly,i think his daughter had an accident,an the insurance company have not come to take charge...
Uh, huh…how much is he gonna go for?

probably like 800 $$$ if you can send it will be very grateful an i will send it back to you
Why not more? Anyone stupid enough to send $800 would just as easily send 2 grand.

Call me, OK?

I wanted a chance to bitch him out on the phone. So I did. After I verbally abused him, I hung up and sat at the desk. Quicker than you can say, “Women with Oprah arms shouldn't wave bye-bye!” he was IM’ing me again.

Hello

what are you saying over the phone?

you are not the guy in the picture. I know his voice. He doesn't have a middle eastern accent. Nice try.

oh how do you mean

i told you am in Turkey

what where you expecting from me

i cant understand you meg

hello

Chat Conversation End



So, the moral of the story is, beware of people pretending to be Peter Brady.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you actually thought it was chris knight?? really meg?

August 28, 2014  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I wish I could say no, but I never lie so I have to admit that for a minute, I did. I know, 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

August 29, 2014  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Hi, Meg,

I'm back in the land of the living. I, too, have been hit on by these scammers. I can't believe how naive I was. But we never got to the point where they asked for money. I never got answers to my questions either. I've found some of them on anti-scam sites.

October 02, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home