.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Mr.Smiley said...

I'm thirty, clean, don't cheat, don't beat, don't stray, don't play. So, I'm single. Women say they want nice guys, but that doesn't give me somebody to cuddle with on Friday night, now does it? Actually people either think I'm asexual or gay. I'm in Augusta, one of the only nice guys here.


You know dude, I don't think you are very smiley at all. At least not at the right time or not at the right places. People enjoy being around other people who are enjoying themselves. Go do something fun and do it often. Act like a kid again. Eat Fruit Loops once in a while and read the back of the box. Look for a four leaf clover and see what picture the clouds are painting. This is stuff you will NEVER regret doing.

When I was 15, I read, in one of those teen magazines that young girls read, that you should just go out and make a friend. I happened to want a friend and there happened to be a new girl in school. I just went up and asked her to come over to my house on Friday night. She did and eventually, I stood up for her at her wedding. I made a friend simply by solicitation. And all because of a silly teen magazine that I bought for the pictures of Donny Osmond, my first love. My crush on Donny Osmond lasted longer than my first marriage. Seeing him on Pyramid is a bit freaky, I must say.

Anyway, my point is that you should go up to a woman and ask her out. What have you got to lose? Be romantic, send flowers, silly cards and things like that. We love that crap. It is cheap to find out if she is interested. And it is also worth a few bucks to weed out some whackos. If you make a concerted effort, sooner or later, one will stick. I promise.

Right ladies?

Anyone out there from Augusta?

Meg

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, Meg!!!
Can I throw in my two cents? Different women are attracted to different things. Maybe the women you're after, aren't the kind that appreciate a nice guy. You know those girls that you never give a second glance? One of them might be someone who'd enjoy you. And I don't just mean the dogs and the ditzes. Beautiful women almost NEVER get asked out by nice guys. Egocentric jerks are usually the only ones they get. Dogs and Ditzes? Maybe nobody ever really gave them a chance to be anything else. Go treasure hunting, you might be surprised what you find.

February 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at a place with about 450 employees. Abot 15 years ago I gave a valentine card to every woman in the place. Just one of those little cards that kids exchange in school. That small investment paid off handsomly for YEARS.

February 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

What have you learned from your divorce? How do you avoid anding up with a nut?

February 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I still lived down south I would go out with you. I am one of the woman who appreciate a nice guy.

Also, the Valentines Cards were a great idea!

Ann

February 17, 2005  
Blogger Uncle Enore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 18, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes.

You didn't purposely say hurtful things for no reason. What you really think is OK if you don't just want to be mean. If you cannot do it with taste, humor and flare, don't do it at all.

Meg

February 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home