.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Well...I had an interesting day!

Rick wanted to get the divorce over TODAY! He may want to get married again before the baby is due. Anyway, he actually said that he left me because I WAS CHEATING!!!!! No evidence, just that little accusation. So, on February 25th, he must give me $850.00 to make up for the rent for the month he left without paying it. Then, I will receive $800.00 a month in alimony until the final hearing at which time alimony will be $700.00 a month for one year, $600 a month for one year, $500 a month for one year, $400 a month for two years. There are a few other silly little things that will be added and I will go into more detail when the final decree is issued. Not only did he accuse me of cheating, he said that to THIS VERY DAY he hasn't had a girlfriend, date, or even a phone call from another woman. I can prove that he is lying but it doesn't matter, I am happy with what I am getting. So, that is what happened in court today.

Now, I am looking forward to the new role I will be starting on Thursday. I will keep you updated about that. So, now that court is over for the time being, I can concentrate on my health more, I am not so stressed about rent, the $850 will cover March so I have some breathing room. Oh, we will have the final hearing within 30 days. And then...I will have the criminal proceedings to report on.

Thank you to all of my blog buddies, your support has given me smiles where none existed. I have something in mind to (hopefully) entertain you so stay tuned!!!!!!

Meg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

I signed my papers last week at the lawyer. They had to be filed with the court and the idiot should get them this week. It would be nice if one had the potential to get it over quicker. Is there a "wait time" where you are? Wisconsin has a mandatory 120 day wait period before you get a court date, regardless of circumstance. (so you could prove a guy tried to kill you, but the government prefers you wait 120 days to be SURE you are ready to divorce him... LMAO)

February 15, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Nope, we could have finalized it today and had the papers in two weeks. Yeah, right. Not without that W2.

Meg

February 15, 2005  
Blogger Uncle Enore said...

Good deal, Meg...but...did I miss something? What happens Thursday? Oh, you are gonna report on that later...ok...sorry, too many drugs when I was a kid...

February 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the court date. I'm sure you're happy to see some progress.

Something to consider: how is Rick to pay you the monthly alimony? Is there any lannguage in the decree adressing default? You should get as much detail approved by the court as possible. Requesting a copy of annual tax returns and the potential of wage garnishment would be prudent. Its one thing to have a court order, its another to have the order followed. Why not have your counsel incorporate some "teeth" into the decree. Rick sounds like a guy who would ignore a court order. I have no clue on how GA law works with respect to divorce, however, having some language that identifies how your alimony will be collected upon default may give Rick reason to think twice.

Sincerely,

DC guy

February 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home