.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Hi ya’ll,

The photo-journalist just left. I had the wrong word. OK. So, that’s done, I have spoken to the reporter and had the pictures taken. I will just sit back and wait to hear when the story comes out.

Also, I spoke to the paralegal, she is going to look at the file to see what's up. All I have to do now is find out why Rick’s court date has been moved up...the last I heard he was to be arraigned on April 1rst. They set the courts dates at the arraignment so I don’t know why there is a trial before the first, that’s all (someone asked.)

I see that Congress is taking a side in the Terri Schiavo case. I think that’s a good thing. Something good will come out of this, I am sure. It’s just a sad situation.

I hate having my picture taken, don’t you? I don’t know what lives in those cameras, some sort of gremlins that make me look like somebody else. I don’t know who...I have heard Bette Midler but not since I lost the weight. My son made the mistake of coming to my house when the photo-journalist was here (my son was supposed to be here at 7) and then was silly enough to complain that his hair was messed up. And it was. He knew the guy would be here at 10, what was he thinking showing up at 10:10? I fixed my hair. I tried to curl it but I was literally having a really bad hair day so it ended up in a pony tail and I hate pony tails. I couldn’t find two matching things to put it back on the sides with and I have no scrunchies so I put it back in some court jester looking thing that my grand-daughter wears. What was I thinking?

Too late...the damage is done. I don’t know how I find myself in these situations. I am an odd one alright. This happened with the stand-up comedy thing once and I looked dreadful in that paper. I swore I would never do it again, but they make it so easy for you. They are very friendly. But all they have is the film in the camera. I feel sorry for the poor guy who could someday take a Pulitzer Prize winning picture and instead, he has to come into my kitchen and take pictures of me. Oh well, some mad man could always break into a person’s house so you never know. My father would call this rambling, sorry Dad.

I knit, I crochet, I sew, I quilt, I embroider, I scrapbook. And I don't do it because I'm channeling Martha Stewart. I do it because I've got plenty of anxiety to spread around.

Duh. I used to paint and I have everything, even some blank canvases. Man I never thought of that. Thanks.

I am now 32. Sadly, my year at 31 has come and gone. Oh well... I plan to go out and celebrate it's demise with a lovely young lady.:)

Well then, Happy Birthday to YOU!


I agree about being corrected in public -- it really takes your ego down.

Now, I specifically remember saying that corrections should take place within the confines of an appropriate relationship. And you should know me well enough that I meant at an appropriate time...DUH.

Hearing the President say "nu-kyu-lar" is a crazy-maker

Absolutely, Drives me nuts as well. But..it IS an acceptable pronunciation of the word. But you are right, some advisor should point out the connotations of stupidity that nu-cu-lar evokes.

Another grammatical pet peeve of mine is redundant acronyms -- like ATM machine or PIN number. The last letter in the acronym stands for the word, so when you say ATM machine, you're saying Automatic Teller Machine machine

You know what drives me nuts? Phone numbers that are words only there are more letters than you need to dials. Like 1-800-Call-Peter. Does anybody actually SEARCH for the last E and R? I don’t, I hate dialing by letters. I know it's not grammatical but I had to get that out.

Well, I have some things to do today so I am going to do them! I will check in with you later...see ya.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret,

I feel like I am lurking in on your personal life. Is this what you want?

March 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another redundancy peeve: Please RSVP (respondez, s'il vous plait).

March 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home