.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Meg...

...watch me spell all words right, smart alecky!...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...yes, Im anonimous

You know, I couldn’t make up some of this stuff. Of course, I appreciate hearing from people who are reading this thing. But usually, they are bright, thoughtful, articulate people. Recently, though, it seems like every harebrained loser with access to a keyboard is writing to me. I truly have done my best to stay on topic and I am very grateful to the commentators (is it commentator, as my father feels, or is it commenter, as I feel? I tend to go with Dad‘s way because he is usually right.) because they make me think, they make me feel a sense of community and they add to the blog in so many ways. If I made money off of this thing, I think I’d have to give Guy a cut. There are a few others who would have claim to a share as well. But I must say, that for the comic relief if nothing else, these whackos are adding quite a bit themselves. For that, I thank them.

Well, I received the alimony money order today. Tuesday he would have been in contempt. This is actually a good thing because now, he is 30 days behind. The courts won’t take action until he is 30 days in arrears. So, from here on out, should he be one day late on a payment, he is automatically in contempt and things will not go well for him. Therefore, I am pretty sure that the money orders will begin arriving on a regular basis now. Cool.

I am still going to be late with the rent, but the landlord likes me and is very sympathetic to my plight. Last year when Vex left, I told the landlord that I wouldn’t be able to stay because I couldn’t afford the place. Well, he told me that I could and would afford it, one way or another. The man refused to take my notice. Anyway, he was right. I couldn’t even tell you how I’ve done it, but I am still here. I still can’t afford it but I can’t afford to move either so I really, really sweat it everyday. But, I AM still here. He was one of many people who wrote unsolicited letters on my behalf. The prosecutor was a very good guy, I believe. I have been very lucky to have many friends who have been waiting anxiously for an opportunity to speak on my behalf. That makes me feel very good. If it weren’t for people like this, I don’t know how I would have made it through this entire ordeal. Thank God that the landlord is so understanding. Aw hell, it’s been late every month so I guess it’s on time. I’m just thankful that he charges me no late fees. (AND that he never saw those hundreds of cans of used motor oil that Vex left under the house.)

Anyway, a friend of mine gave me an early birthday present of $200 to buy clothes with today. I went to the mall and shopped. I felt badly spending the money on myself when I have so many bills to pay but I have nothing appropriate for any of the functions that I will be attending in Vermont. I’ve got the fishing trips covered, but I can’t do semi-formal right now. Well, I couldn’t, until today. It’s cooler up there so the clothes that I needed were on the clearance racks here in Georgia. I love a good sale! I couldn’t believe what I got for that $200. I should have held some of it back, my fishing rod is rusted and rotted because I haven’t been fishing in years. If Vex didn’t enjoy it, we didn’t do it. I have a good tackle box that I got from my cousin, but I have no rod. So, that’s a problem. But, as Scarlet O'Hara said, “I’ll worry about that tomorrow.”

By the way, I am updating that post regarding blogs and how to start one, promote one and how to add some bells and whistles...all for free. You might want to check it occsionally if you are blogging. Here is the direct link to that post:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2005/05/megs-blogging-101-so-many-people-have.html

See ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home