.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hi there...

I am off to the doctors and I hate that. Nothing like a cold stethoscope in the summer. And the doctors are all so young. What ever happened to old doctors? I miss them. I guess Alzheimer’s has done away with most of them and early retirement the rest.

Oh well, what can you do.

My ex’s wife sent me an e-mail to notify me that she was 34 and to say, “You wish you were 34.”

Well, Big Dee, you’re right, I do. But if I had nothing better to do with it than what you are doing with it...I wouldn’t want it at all.

I would choose me and this age over you and yours'...8 days a week.
Another thing, there’s nothing wrong with being unattractive. There’s nothing wrong with being so large. But if I were both of those things as well as STUPID...I would be one pleasant SOB.

People might be able to make wicked comments about my appearance, but they’d always follow them up with... “You know, she is a VERY nice person.”

Don’t you get it girl? You only have one chance at making your mark and you WILL make one....do you want it to be negative? Everything you do today will define who you are and what mark you leave. Why not do the most with it? You have a little girl, go play with her. She will only be young once so if I were you, I would just play with my daughter.

That’s probably going to be all you have one day...that little girl. What are you doing with your wonderful youth? You’re building up a trust for yourself. Someday, the things you do today will be the basis for all of your tomorrows.

And if all you build up is nothingness, you will find that you’ll need something very badly when you see all the nothing.

So, don’t obsess about your husbands’ ex wife, it’s bad form and it draws such glaring attention to your shortcomings. No, I don’t want to be your age...not if I had to be that miserable...what is it that you think you are offering with that youth? The happiness that you enjoy everyday? I don’t see that...I see a sad young women who is trying to convince herself that she has something that she just can’t seem to find. You REALLY have everything that you are waving at me...go play with it all.

How many tiny little decisions do you make in the course of a day? Every one of them leads to the next one and with each and every decision you make, you have the opportunity to redirect your very life. Make some bright decisions in the course of a day and perhaps you will be happy at some point. Happiness isn’t what you are doing...I think you know that.

What is it about the ex wife that makes these women so crazy? I could almost see it if I lived there and she had to see me all the time, but I am a thousand miles away and have been for two decades. She has to see me only at graduations and weddings. For someone that you see so rarely, you are spending an awful lot of time away from your family. All the time you spend concerned with your husband’s ex could be spent with him...go do that.

It appears as though you are more concerned with a life that is no longer there than with your own lives. You should really enjoy your day a little bit more. It can’t be very much FUN to bitch about the ex...so why do people do it? I don’t understand that one. Of course, I never got to worry about the ex, I was too busy worrying about the mistresses.

So, is that what it’s like to worry about the ex? Is it like worrying about mistresses? I really am curious, let me know if you can.

Well, I need to go to the cold stethoscope...see ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home