.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hi!

How are you guys doing? I’m having a pretty good evening except for the alone thing. I just watched 4 straight episodes of Leave it to Beaver and now I’m cooking dinner. Ah! My son just pulled up...he must have smelled my cooking. I better go ...be back soon!

OK, that was quick, wasn’t it? Actually, I just woke up from a nap. It’s the middle of the night and I am wide awake. I had a nightmare, isn’t that awful? I hate nightmares, especially when I am sleeping alone in the living room. I had to walk in the dark to turn the light on and that freaked me out. Now the television is on and so are the lights so I’m not scared anymore.

It was one of those really realistic dreams where you wake up thinking that it’s really happening. I dreamt that I was a little girl and it was back in the 60’s again. When I was a kid I was always afraid of a nuclear bomb because we had those stupid drills where we sat under our desk at school. They were like fire drills only they were in preparation for the Communists and their bombs. If you add to that the occasional prediction that the world would end on a certain date, it was kind of scary being a kid in the 60’s.

Anyway, in my nightmare the world was ending and all the mothers had to put the kids in caskets and when the kids fell asleep, the mothers would lock the caskets and the kids would die in their sleep. The fathers were all at work and the bosses did the same thing to them that the mothers did to the kids and then the fathers died in their sleep as well. I’m not really sure what happened to the moms and the bosses, I never asked anybody. Anyway, it wasn’t supposed to be a bad thing, this was supposed to save us all from being killed in a nuclear explosion.

So, being the bright kid that I am, I only pretended to be asleep and when everybody else did fall asleep, I jimmied the lock on my casket and opened up my brother’s and sister’s caskets and then I ran from Elk Grove Village to downtown Chicago and opened my father’s casket.

After I saved my family, I ran around saving my friends. For some stupid reason, we lived in our neighbor’s house and I wore my brother’s shoes (they were really mine even though part of me knew they were my brother’s). So, after I saved a bunch of people, my dog bit off my hands. I had to change some strange babies diaper with no hands and then I woke up for real. When I did, I thought my hands were really gone because I had been laying on them and they were totally numb. I had to pull my arms out from underneath myself and actually SEE my hands to be sure that they were still there.

I woke up and looked at the window for a few minutes to be sure that I was awake and over the nightmares. The next thing I knew, I was driving and my hands were gone again. When I realized that my hands were gone, I checked the glove compartment to see if they were there. I don’t know how I opened the glove box, but I did, without my hands.

They weren’t in the glove box so I kept on driving handless and as I did, I remembered that I had dreamt about the hands and checked for them...so I knew that I HAD hands and I knew that I was dreaming, but that knowledge didn’t give me any hands in my dream.

The next thing I knew I was at Denny’s with some of my friends from high school (it was the 70’s now) and I still didn’t have my hands. My friends wanted to know where my hands were and I told them the truth...that I was dreaming and that my hands were in the future, at the end of my arms. They didn’t believe me one little bit. I asked them to come with me to wide wake-land and I would show them my hands.

They said they would come with me but when I woke up, they weren’t here. Luckily, my hands are.

So, I thought that maybe if I did something with my hands like type, I would be able to go to sleep and keep my hands in case I need them in another dream.

OK, now I am going back to sleep.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home