.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, September 30, 2005

What a day...

...I had to get up at 4 to go to the hospital for some tests and a chemo treatment. That's always fun. I had Nurse Ratchett herself...a huge lady who seemed to get a kick out of mentioning my weight. For some reason, I got the feeling that she thought I wanted to be so thin. She actually said, "You know, men don't like women who don't have any meat on their bones, you should really put on some weight." I was stunned. I never tell them that I'm a nurse because I hate hearing, "You're a nurse, you should know better." When they put me on the payroll, I'm a nurse. When I'm lying in a bed with a huge needle sticking into my chest, I'm a patient.

You know how they say that doctors and nurses make the worst patients? That's because we know when you screw up. So, to cover for us and our bitching, they just say, "Oh well, you know what they say..." So, anyway, being a nurse, I knew to pick up the phone and call the house supervisor who made the charmer apologize to me. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't like that one bit. I got a kick out of it myself.

I’m so unGodly tired that I have a feeling that I’m going to bed before it gets dark. I just finished dinner, did you know they make chicken fajita Hot Pockets? That was pretty darned good. I have finally gotten my taste back but it will leave again within a few days of the chemo. That’s so annoying, it takes all the fun out of eating. It took me a while to figure out why everything tasted so badly. It didn’t taste bad so much as it didn’t taste at all. I had to put a ton of salt on some spaghetti so that I could eat it. My Fruity Pebbles were bland and then when my popsickles didn’t taste good, I knew something was up. Right now I'm eating a bowl of Count Chocula with chocolate milk. I'm going to enjoy eating while I can!

I took my grandkids shopping last night, that didn’t take long. I told them that they could each pick out a toy and within a minute of entering the toy department, the little guy found a box of Hot Wheels and the birthday girl found a Princess Barbie. She loves to dress up as a princess. My daughter bought her a princess outfit and she’s been nuts about them ever since. With any luck at all, I’ll have a picture of her in that dress to post here on the blog. In the picture of me with them, I’m wearing her tiara, she wants me to dress up with her but I don’t happen to have a princess dress.

I have an idea. I think I’m gonna put an ad online to be a Rent-A-Wife. That’s something that I know how to do and there might be someone out there who needs one. I’m not quite sure what it entails, but then again, I never knew what to expect from marriage either so that’s cool. I’ll let you know how it goes. As a matter of fact, if you know someone who would like to rent a wife, steer them this way. And I’m a real wife, there won’t be any sex, I have a headache just thinking about that.

I just dosed off for a moment sitting up at my desk. I don’t understand why I don’t fall out of my chair when I do that. I’ve actually entered REM sleep and dreamt while I was sitting at my desk.

OUCH! I was playing with wax from my candle and I looked up at the CRT and burned my thumb. I have to go get an ice pack to hold on my thumb for the next two hours. I’d rather break a bone than burn myself. OH! I fell asleep again! Damn, I should just lie down and get it over with so see ya later. And, I’ll try to post the picture of the little princess.

Since I’m going to bed so early, I’m sure that I’ll be up really early in the am so I’ll see you then!

Ciao,

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home