.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Dear Meg,

I’ve been reading your story for months now and I think that you and me think a lot alike. I would love to know you better and would like for you to visit me. I have my own home but it needs a woman's touch and you seem to be the woman that I would need. Your pretty and your smart and you seem to be very kind and sweet. I would never cheat on you. I never cheated on my wife and she died 10 years ago from heart attack and I have been alone ever since then. I have 4 kids, 3 of them are still living at home so would you mind marrying a man who had children?...”

Well, that’s different. I haven’t been called “sweet” by anyone who knows me strictly from the blog, LOL. I have been called sweet many times, but usually by someone who knows me and I don’t think that you do. My guess is that you are just very lonely, I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine going to visit a man who I have never met before. Also, my divorce is not yet finalized and even if it was, I have no desire to get involved in a serious relationship right now. To be honest with you, I don’t trust my own feelings right now. I remember thinking that Rick was one of the last honorable men on the planet. I was so incredibly wrong that it has trashed my ability to trust my own judgment.

On top of all that, I am enjoying being alone right now. I can come and go when I please, I can leave the dishes in the sink if I want to and I can put onions and peppers in my chili. I can’t imagine what it would take for me to trust another man. I hope that I will be able to someday, but for now, I like having the ability to run my life the way I want to. Also, it wouldn’t be fair to any man for me to begin a relationship when I am so unsure about my cancer.

Anyway, thanks for your kind email and please, write me again, if nothing else, we could certainly be friends.

OK then, I wanted to tell you guys about a friend of mine. I can’t say much about him because I want to protect his privacy but I have to tell someone about him. He is such a neat guy. He’s as handsome as he can be and he’s one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He’s the tall cutie guy I told you about before. He’s 6’6” tall and has shoulder length, curly hair. He’s tall without being lanky, he’s quite well proportioned. What I wanted to say about him is that he does for me what Rick didn’t. He makes me feel desirable and attractive...two things that Rick wouldn’t do for me. Of course, when you’re screwing another woman, it’s pretty much impossible to make your wife feel wanted. He’s got a vulnerable quality that is very rare amongst men. He is an honest man and I believe every word he says. I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now so that isn’t an issue. I've told him that and he’s cool with it. I asked him if women came on to him all the time, especially considering he plays in a band and he said that they didn’t. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe that this tall, handsome man didn’t have women falling all over him. I bet he just doesn’t notice them, but I could be wrong. Having such a handsome man interested in me really is a boost to my self esteem, something I need right now.

He is everything that Rick wasn’t, he’s funny, intelligent, generous, fun to be around and he can carry on a conversation that doesn’t involve karate movies. If I were looking for a man to fall in love with, this is the one that I would choose. Luckily, I have a grip on my feelings otherwise I could fall for him in a big way. He’s younger than me, not jail bait young, but younger by more than 10 years. That’s just one more thing that boosts my self esteem. I know that he could attract young, attractive women but he enjoys ME! He does more for me and my psyche than years of therapy could ever do. If Rick had treated me the way this guy does, we would still be married. Of course, if Rick had only been an honest man, we would still be together. None of the fights we had that turned into violent altercations would have ever happened if he hadn’t lied and cheated.

It’s men like this one that make me glad that the marriage is over. Once you’ve been treated so well, you really see the hideous way that you’ve been treated in the past. I wish that all women could have a man like this one, even if it was only for a short time just so they could see how nice it feels to have a decent man around. After being treated so well, no woman would ever accept the hideous treatment that some men dole out.

Well, I’m tired so I am going to go to bed now. Have a good day and I’ll be back later.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home